• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Mine is above ground. 4" concrete walls, and meets fema 320.
    I had to pay a permit, and it counts as just another outbuilding.

If you had been in Oklahoma City 5 days after the F5+ went thru there in '99 you wouldn't have built it above ground! One newscaster put the damage quite simply as the "finger of God", NOTHING left on the ground that was in the direct path.

woowoo2

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Jeffersonville
    If you had been in Oklahoma City 5 days after the F5+ went thru there in '99 you wouldn't have built it above ground! One newscaster put the damage quite simply as the "finger of God", NOTHING left on the ground that was in the direct path.

Maybe so....
    There are tradeoffs in every decision in life.
    I feel I made the best choice for myself and my family.

You cant get a 8 x 10 watertight space underground for the same price as above ground.
    And i am not going live for a week in a hole on the ground.

Waveraider

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Indianapolis
    In the '70's, I grew up not far from the Mt. Comfort Airport and there was a bomb shelter in a hilly field that had been abandoned what appeared for at least 15 years. It was flooded as well and we could onlt walk halfway down the concrete stairway and not get inside. There was all kinds of concrete pilings and block laying around near the shelter and it looked to be unfinished. I wonder if they ran out of cash? At the time, seemed really insane it was abandoned and not maintained...

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    How stupid could you be to open those boxes which from the pictures could of been good for another 50 yrs and then give it away to a historical society. Yeah history is meant to be seen by all, but this was your own private stash for SHTF. Hope you don't plan on destroying that bunker. I would personally come out and give you a face palm.

Top Bottom