• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    New Albany
    So I finally found Falls City Firearms...I loved it!!!! Rick the owner is very knowlegable about guns, and history, It's kind of a gun store/museum/library/video store, really neat, and the prices were pretty good too. He had some rather historic guns on sale, and display ( I got to hold a real Confederate musket!!!!!) He has reference books that you can borrow, and videos that you can borrow too. Check it out it's off of Eastern Blvd behind KFC, Maple Court
    :rockwoot:

Magneto

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 6, 2009
    New Albany
    A GREAT place to go. You really never know what he is going to have in the case. If you get a chance ask Rick about Gabriel and his gun products. You won't regret it.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    If the have Falls City beer there, I would definitely make the road trip to check it out!
    He might not, (then again he might) but Buckheads on the river does. (it's currently closed due to a fire, should be open in mid Feb), I'm always up for some beer drinkin, so let me know if you wanna head down there. And yes, Ricks place is very cool, I just wish I could get in there more often.:yesway:

Mackey

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    interwebs
    Had a great visit today to Falls City Firearms. First time I'd seen a rocking horse in a gun shop (great idea ... keeps the kids busy). Owner Rick Geary let me browse around, hold his Civil War musket and check out the collection of Nazi daggers and SS Luger holster. Rick's a very interesting guy. I didn't buy a thing today and felt just as welcome as if I had. Recommended stop.

Falls City Firearms
    picture.php

Richard Geary
    picture.php

Nazi Daggers
    picture.php

Jerry

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 23, 2008
    S. Indy
    I stopped in about two weeks ago to browse around while Christmas shopping. Definitely one of my favorite gun shops now!

Rick, it was great meeting you. I really appreciate the local history discussion & the opportunity to handle not only the confederate commandeered Springfield, but the rifleman's tomahawk.

There were so many great pieces in the case and lining the wall. I know exactly where I will be going next time I'm in the market.

finnegan

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    Clark County
    Dropped in again today. As always, new and interesting stuff was in stock. I found a nice carry piece at a great price I'll more than likely be picking up. I'm currently researching it. Rick didn't sugar-coat the gun's shortcomings and pointed me to various websites with fixes (Polish P64). Great conversation about historical Swiss rifles, rare Ithaca combat shotguns, and the history of the Sig line of firearms made for another excellent trip.
    As I told him today, I hope word gets out to some of the other local stores that customers aren't an inconvenience or just a revenue stream; or they'll lose a lot of business to FCF.

mammynun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 30, 2009
    New Albany
    :yesway: I agree with all of the above...

Just made my 1st of what will surely be many stops at Falls City. I learned about Raslin' and Andy Kaufman:D, discussed the merits of Arisaka's vs Mosins... I really enjoyed hanging out, and would have stayed longer, but I had to pick up Christmas gifts. I shall return.

:rockwoot:

finnegan

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    Clark County
    Can't say enough good about Rick; even if he is turning me in a Ballistic Communist. Since going in his shop for the first time, I've gotten an AK 47, a P64, my girlfriend just bought a very nice Tokarev at a very nice price, and I've put a Mosin Nagant on my short list of things to buy. I'm beginning to suspect my AR 15 is an infiltrator into my firearms collection.

Also, I think he is poised to corner the CZ market in the area, and that makes me very happy. I went in with my XDm ready to put it up on consignment or trade it in, nearly sweating from the withdrawal of not having a CZ 75 (shot one for the first time this weekend). He saw the desperation on my face and heard the almost intoxicated tone in my voice as I described shooting one; and said "Just hang on Hoss, we'll get you a CZ..."

30 minutes later, I was amazed at the price at which he could get, and then sell one. Truly a different kind of businessman than I've dealt with before. Honesty and integrity are the words that come to mind; and those aren't words you hear in the same sentence as "business" anymore.

Oh, and his attorney knows more about ballistics than any lawyer I've ever met. He was doing mental calculations of force transference differences between the 7.62 x 25 round vs the .357 magnum vs the .357 sig, and keeping it all straight in his head.

finnegan

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    Clark County
    Picked up my CZ 75b today. Absolutely love this pistol. Big, big thanks to Rick for making this happen so fast. Brought a couple movies home too since Rick has a loner program. Amazing to find Kurusawa movies on lone in a gun store.

For the locals, I traded in my XDm .40sw for the CZ. Rick put $519 on it, comes with 5 mags, case, etc. The closest I've seen to that pricing for used was around $75 more expensive and that was across the river and only 2 mags.

XDLover

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2012
    Delaware County
    Made my first trip to Fall City Firearms..........Had a great time, always nice to go to a gun shop which the owners knows his guns and knows when others do and appreciates that fact! While I live a good chunk away, whenever I'm down that way I'll be stopping in, if for nothing else than to shoot the ****.
    Oh and he has lots of cool guns too, you don't see much plastic in his shop which is nice.

Top Bottom