• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    New Albany
    I recently bought an old H&R revolver, when I went to the range it failed to fire several times, and mostly went click. Well.. after some google-fu I found out that the mainspring tended to have parts break. So went to Numrich and the part was going to be $30 with shipping. Now to the +1 part, I visit FCF as much as Rick will let me. I mentioned the problem with said gun, he told me he had a friend who loved those guns and had some parts, long story short (too late huh?) His friend Pat called me, met me at the store, changed the part and only charged me $20!! Rick made no money, but helped me all the same!!! Now If I could only come up with the $420 for the remaining CZ-75!!!!!! or figure out why I need that CZ-52 he has.

Viper393

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    Clark County
    I'm planning to get over there next week. Didn't know about FCF until I read about it here that Rick had his own shop. Bought several handguns from the old 111 Gunshop and was dissapointed when they moved to Ky. Rick's a great guy.

finnegan

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    Clark County
    On a similar note, I dropped in today to give Rick the range report from three guns me and my girlfriend purchased. Two of them functioned flawlessly, while the third had some feeding issues. He gave us a good suggestion after hearing the problem (disassemble and stretch the springs or replace them).
    What really set this trip apart though was an amazing Kyber Enfield that he had in the store. Mother of Pearl inlay, clean and ready to fire. Absolutely gorgeous firearm! I'm always surprised by the historic firearms that appear out of nowhere. And as always, his encyclopedic knowledge of weapons came into full swing when he started describing different parts and additions that the weapon had received over 100 years of combat.

I am proud of myself, though. This is the first week in about a month I was able to make it out of his store without a firearm purchase!

Top Bottom