Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    In the trenches for liberty!
    tol-logo-222x25.gif

From The Times
    January 30, 2010

Climate chief was told of false glacier claims before Copenhagen

Asked whether he had deliberately kept silent about the error to avoid embarrassment at Copenhagen, he said: “That’s ridiculous. It never came to my attention before the Copenhagen summit. It wasn’t in the public sphere.”
    However, a prominent science journalist said that he had asked Dr Pachauri about the 2035 error last November. Pallava Bagla, who writes for Science journal, said he had asked Dr Pachauri about the error. He said that Dr Pachauri had replied: “I don’t have anything to add on glaciers.”
    The Himalayan glaciers are so thick and at such high altitude that most glaciologists believe they would take several hundred years to melt at the present rate. Some are growing and many show little sign of change.
    Dr Pachauri had previously dismissed a report by the Indian Government which said that glaciers might not be melting as much as had been feared. He described the report, which did not mention the 2035 error, as “voodoo science”.
    Mr Bagla said he had informed Dr Pachauri that Graham Cogley, a professor at Ontario Trent University and a leading glaciologist, had dismissed the 2035 date as being wrong by at least 300 years. Professor Cogley believed the IPCC had misread the date in a 1996 report which said the glaciers could melt significantly by 2350.
    Mr Pallava interviewed Dr Pachauri again this week for Science and asked him why he had decided to overlook the error before the Copenhagen summit. In the taped interview, Mr Pallava asked: “I pointed it out [the error] to you in several e-mails, several discussions, yet you decided to overlook it. Was that so that you did not want to destabilise what was happening in Copenhagen?”
    Dr Pachauri replied: “Not at all, not at all. As it happens, we were all terribly preoccupied with a lot of events. We were working round the clock with several things that had to be done in Copenhagen. It was only when the story broke, I think in December, we decided to, well, early this month — as a matter of fact, I can give you the exact dates — early in January that we decided to go into it and we moved very fast.
    “And within three or four days, we were able to come up with a clear and a very honest and objective assessment of what had happened. So I think this presumption on your part or on the part of any others is totally wrong. We are certainly never — and I can say this categorically — ever going to do anything other than what is truthful and what upholds the veracity of science.”
    Dr Pacharui has also been accused of using the error to win grants worth hundreds of thousands of pounds.

Does anyone still believe in man made global warming?
    Has everyone's eyes opened up to the politics behind this scam?

5.56'aholic

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    <- tragic boating accident
    funny how anyone is surprised that much of the data they claim proves the theory is based in opinion science, unreviewed papers and psuedo science at best. Anything that is this big of a money maker for those involved should have thrown up red flags sooner to the rest of the world. The ones that stood to make the money are the ones leading the charge.

T-rav

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 3, 2009
    Ft. Wayne
    You mean like Al Gore? The man that is I think a partner in the "carbon credit" company? Al is a stand up citizen and a role model to all

jsgolfman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Greenwood
    That's why it's now called climate change instead of global warming. Any change can be called bad now, not just a warming.

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    tol-logo-222x25.gif

From The Times
    January 30, 2010

Climate chief was told of false glacier claims before Copenhagen

Asked whether he had deliberately kept silent about the error to avoid embarrassment at Copenhagen, he said: “That’s ridiculous. It never came to my attention before the Copenhagen summit. It wasn’t in the public sphere.”
    However, a prominent science journalist said that he had asked Dr Pachauri about the 2035 error last November. Pallava Bagla, who writes for Science journal, said he had asked Dr Pachauri about the error. He said that Dr Pachauri had replied: “I don’t have anything to add on glaciers.”
    The Himalayan glaciers are so thick and at such high altitude that most glaciologists believe they would take several hundred years to melt at the present rate. Some are growing and many show little sign of change.
    Dr Pachauri had previously dismissed a report by the Indian Government which said that glaciers might not be melting as much as had been feared. He described the report, which did not mention the 2035 error, as “voodoo science”.
    Mr Bagla said he had informed Dr Pachauri that Graham Cogley, a professor at Ontario Trent University and a leading glaciologist, had dismissed the 2035 date as being wrong by at least 300 years. Professor Cogley believed the IPCC had misread the date in a 1996 report which said the glaciers could melt significantly by 2350.
    Mr Pallava interviewed Dr Pachauri again this week for Science and asked him why he had decided to overlook the error before the Copenhagen summit. In the taped interview, Mr Pallava asked: “I pointed it out [the error] to you in several e-mails, several discussions, yet you decided to overlook it. Was that so that you did not want to destabilise what was happening in Copenhagen?”
    Dr Pachauri replied: “Not at all, not at all. As it happens, we were all terribly preoccupied with a lot of events. We were working round the clock with several things that had to be done in Copenhagen. It was only when the story broke, I think in December, we decided to, well, early this month — as a matter of fact, I can give you the exact dates — early in January that we decided to go into it and we moved very fast.
    “And within three or four days, we were able to come up with a clear and a very honest and objective assessment of what had happened. So I think this presumption on your part or on the part of any others is totally wrong. We are certainly never — and I can say this categorically — ever going to do anything other than what is truthful and what upholds the veracity of science.”
    Dr Pacharui has also been accused of using the error to win grants worth hundreds of thousands of pounds.

Does anyone still believe in man made global warming?
    Has everyone's eyes opened up to the politics behind this scam?

If you continue to use that avatar, there is no way I'm going to be able to focus long enough to read that many words.

Either lose the avatar, or make your posts extremely short, and use very simple words.

Other than that, feel free to post on every thread on this site, whether you actually type anything in the box, or not.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    But Algore said so, and being a democrat, he wouldn't lie, or make false statements, or fabricate things, or ... And he won a Nobel Prize, and an Oscar. Oh wait, the catagory was World's Greatest Liar!

ron

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 27, 2009
    ITS OK GUIS CLIMATE CHANGE IS FAKE AL GORE WAS A LIAR. LETS KEEP BUYING MIDDLE EASTERN OIL AND DRIVING 9 MPG SUVS LOL. CLEAN COAL IS CLEAN. POLLUTION WUT LOL.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    ITS OK GUIS CLIMATE CHANGE IS FAKE AL GORE WAS A LIAR. LETS KEEP BUYING MIDDLE EASTERN OIL AND DRIVING 9 MPG SUVS LOL. CLEAN COAL IS CLEAN. POLLUTION WUT LOL.

Are the jets that Nancy Pelosi flying her family around for $2 million taxpayer dollars hybrids? What about the SUV motorcades all of these rich liberals have? They can jet set all over the world using massive amounts of fuel but you and I are supposed to drive around D Cell rollerskates to save our planets. Maybe if your liberal heroes practiced what they preach, they'd have a single ounce of credibility.

ron

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 27, 2009
    Are the jets that Nancy Pelosi flying her family around for $2 million taxpayer dollars hybrids? What about the SUV motorcades all of these rich liberals have? They can jet set all over the world using massive amounts of fuel but you and I are supposed to drive around D Cell rollerskates to save our planets. Maybe if your liberal heroes practiced what they preach, they'd have a single ounce of credibility.

What jets?

You're comparing SUV motorcades for high profile figures to the average soccer mom that could very well just use a sedan?

Lastly, so basically your problem with this is the fact that there are rich people you disagree with and dislike that use copious amounts of energy.

groovatron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 9, 2009
    calumet township
    Anyone campaigning on issue's like this obviously has something else up their sleeve..........they need to STFU and practice what they preach. I would listen a whole lot more if these people really gave a crap about the environment. Just a bunch of special interest yahoos using "easy-to-scam" tactics on unsuspecting sheep.

ron

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 27, 2009
    Eh screw it Hornadylnl, I know the Pelosi jets story, I was just baiting you into a response so I can respond to that as well.

But I might as well skip a step and post on that issue as well.

Pelosi's Children and Grandchildren Used Military Jets As Cross-Country Shuttle Service So They Could Avoid Dealing With the Rabble

Here is the blog, the post is almost entirely redacted save for the introduction.

Posts from comments on various websites commenting on this issue include these [I take no credit for them, though I wish I could]:

"Disclaimer - I don't like Pelosi. However:
    Flights are already happening.
    Pelosi requests space on said flights.
    She is granted space in exchange for federally mandated reimbursement, which is currently "coach fare." (There is a mechanism in place for this sort of thing for a reason!)
    If anything she's saving the taxpayers money.
    Do you really think Pelosi is calling up the Air Force and asking for a cargo plane to be readied for her kid? Can you imagine how quickly military brass would be raising hell?
    I can't take the right wing seriously when they spout this blatant bull****.
    Edited to add relevant DOD Directive
    You'll want check out section E.2.2.3 labeled "Unofficial Travel":
    E2.2.3. Unofficial Travel. Such travel is by a family member, non-DoD civilian,or non-Federal traveler only when accompanying a senior DoD or other Federal official who is traveling on a military aircraft on official business. This category of travel differs from the space available privilege in DoD 4515.13-R, Chapter 6(reference (g)) since it is limited to travel in the company of a senior DoD official and is reimbursable by the traveler at the full coach fare, as required by OMB CircularA-126 (reference (b)). Such unofficial travel is not authorized on MilAir unless theaircraft is already scheduled for an official purpose; this noninterference use does notrequire a larger aircraft than needed for the official purpose; official travelers are notdisplaced; it results in negligible additional cost to the Government; and theGovernment is reimbursed at the full coach fare (the senior DoD official shall attach tohis or her travel voucher a personal check made payable to the Treasurer of the United DODD 4500.56 March 2, 978ENCLOSURE 2
    States and shall include a travel office printout that reflects the full coach fare). Unofficial travel shall be carefully controlled by requiring approval in advance and inwriting by the approval officials in section E2.4., below. “Required use” travelers shallapprove all unofficial travelers who accompany them, provided that the travel is incompliance with this subsection"

I can provide more illuminating comments if you wish.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Eh screw it Hornadylnl, I know the Pelosi jets story, I was just baiting you into a response so I can respond to that as well.

But I might as well skip a step and post on that issue as well.

Pelosi's Children and Grandchildren Used Military Jets As Cross-Country Shuttle Service So They Could Avoid Dealing With the Rabble

Here is the blog, the post is almost entirely redacted save for the introduction.

Posts from comments on various websites commenting on this issue include these [I take no credit for them, though I wish I could]:

"Disclaimer - I don't like Pelosi. However:
    Flights are already happening.
    Pelosi requests space on said flights.
    She is granted space in exchange for federally mandated reimbursement, which is currently "coach fare." (There is a mechanism in place for this sort of thing for a reason!)
    If anything she's saving the taxpayers money.
    Do you really think Pelosi is calling up the Air Force and asking for a cargo plane to be readied for her kid? Can you imagine how quickly military brass would be raising hell?
    I can't take the right wing seriously when they spout this blatant bull****.
    Edited to add relevant DOD Directive
    You'll want check out section E.2.2.3 labeled "Unofficial Travel":
    E2.2.3. Unofficial Travel. Such travel is by a family member, non-DoD civilian,or non-Federal traveler only when accompanying a senior DoD or other Federal official who is traveling on a military aircraft on official business. This category of travel differs from the space available privilege in DoD 4515.13-R, Chapter 6(reference (g)) since it is limited to travel in the company of a senior DoD official and is reimbursable by the traveler at the full coach fare, as required by OMB CircularA-126 (reference (b)). Such unofficial travel is not authorized on MilAir unless theaircraft is already scheduled for an official purpose; this noninterference use does notrequire a larger aircraft than needed for the official purpose; official travelers are notdisplaced; it results in negligible additional cost to the Government; and theGovernment is reimbursed at the full coach fare (the senior DoD official shall attach tohis or her travel voucher a personal check made payable to the Treasurer of the United DODD 4500.56 March 2, 978ENCLOSURE 2
    States and shall include a travel office printout that reflects the full coach fare). Unofficial travel shall be carefully controlled by requiring approval in advance and inwriting by the approval officials in section E2.4., below. “Required use” travelers shallapprove all unofficial travelers who accompany them, provided that the travel is incompliance with this subsection"

I can provide more illuminating comments if you wish.

I don't care if what she is doing is legit according to law or not. Why are we subsidizing her childrens' flights? Pelosi is a multi millionaire and yet she thinks the taxpayers owe her family flights? IIRC, isn't Pelosi the first Speaker of the House to have a tax payer funded jet? Was she one of the hypocrites that blasted the big 3 brass for flying private jets to DC to beg for their bailouts?

I don't care what position any politician is in in this country, they aren't royalty.

ron

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 27, 2009
    I don't care if what she is doing is legit according to law or not. Why are we subsidizing her childrens' flights? Pelosi is a multi millionaire and yet she thinks the taxpayers owe her family flights? IIRC, isn't Pelosi the first Speaker of the House to have a tax payer funded jet? Was she one of the hypocrites that blasted the big 3 brass for flying private jets to DC to beg for their bailouts?

I don't care what position any politician is in in this country, they aren't royalty.

snopes.com: Nancy Pelosi's Jet

Read the part about how after 9/11 George W Bush ordered that the Speaker of the House be afforded secure transportation on government aircraft.

Sucks doesn't it?

ron

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 27, 2009
    I guess it does suck.

Well, not for her.

Or apparently not for her family.

Did Mr. Bush order that her family and friends were included too?

:dunno:

I'm assuming her immediate family is, what friends though?

Before you spout off something, source it.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    snopes.com: Nancy Pelosi's Jet

Read the part about how after 9/11 George W Bush ordered that the Speaker of the House be afforded secure transportation on government aircraft.

Sucks doesn't it?

Heaven forbid a politician go to Washington and turn down a perk that was previously accepted as the norm. Heaven forbid a politician go to Washington and expect to do more with less. Instead, we get politicians who go to Washington and spend trillions and then tell us that we need to cut spending.

Top Bottom