• ...and so much more!
  • Xboxmchief

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 31, 2012
    Family Indoor Shooting Range – Raymond Park

Has anybody shot here before?

I saw they have a groupon deal going on now and wanted reviews of the range and/or staff. I am thinking about picking it up and wanted to know how the range is before driving down to south/east indy since I live on the north west side.

Thanks for all the help

forgop

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2012
    Southeast Indy
    Never been, but the reviews on google are pretty bad. Makes it sound like wait times can be really bad. Such a shame-I was interesting in purchasing the annual membership there.

echoagain

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2012
    I assume you're talking about the shop/range at Washington and Post (formerly known as Popguns)? It's a decent range, but the last few times I've tried to use their facility it's been so crowded that I've not bothered to wait for a spot. They have memberships and those folks get first 'dibs' on a lane. The shop itself has limited gun inventory and service and attitude can be hit or miss depending upon who is working. Reputable place, but not my first choice.

Xboxmchief

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 31, 2012
    Shooting galleries improve focus, which is why the most seasoned marksmen can also levitate. Sharpen your skills with this Groupon.

Choose Between Two Options

$28 for a one-hour shooting session for up to three (a $56 value)
    $39 for a 30-day gun-range membership with gun rental (a $78 value)
    The shooting session includes handgun rental, eye and ear protection, target, and ammo for all three people. The one-month range membership does not include ammo.

Would you say either one of these is worth it then?

Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    I would say go to Indy Trading Post or Beech Grove Firearms first.
    Pops can be difficult to get into sometimes and the staff is hit or miss.
    (I live about a mile away from them and do not use their facilities or shop there anymore.)

Maybe I am dumb, but when did they start calling it Raymond Park?

partyboy6686

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Oct 9, 2011
    Indianapolis
    I would say go to Indy Trading Post or Beech Grove Firearms first.
    Pops can be difficult to get into sometimes and the staff is hit or miss.
    (I live about a mile away from them and do not use their facilities or shop there anymore.)

Maybe I am dumb, but when did they start calling it Raymond Park?

Raymond Park area is at Post and Raymond. Pops is at Post and Washington. Sounds like groupon needs to a lil help with reading a map.lol

jiggypete

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 3, 2012
    I've bought those before, but that one didn't seem like a great deal. The last one I bought was around 50 bucks for 5 one hour tokens. I didn't use them all. It's an OK range if it's not busy, but like everyone else has mentioned, the wait times can be ridiculous. The last time I was in there it was about an hour.

12many

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Jan 29, 2011
    over there
    Name changed, but still the same old popguns attitude. I live like 5 minutes away and would rather drive elsewhere. Pass on it and give the new Beech Grove Firearms range a try:twocents:

jmdavis984

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2012
    Greenfield
    I bought a groupon last year. It was a little cheaper though. If you have your own guns, go somewhere else. If you want to rent a gun, go on a day that you won't mind wasting in a gun shop. I went last year and had a great time shooting, but the staff was very condescending (asked me "Do you even know how to shoot." when I went to the counter to get into the range). But, the range was nicely ventilated, and other than the staff and wait I didn't have anything to complain about. I had a great time.

wolfman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    S Side Indy
    Unless things have changed recently, the air quality was pretty bad, and I had a metalic taste in my mouth for the rest of the day.

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    I've never heard anything good about Pops, or Family, or whatever they are calling themselves now.
    Also I heard on the radio yesterday that Groupon has cancelled ALL gun related deals!

Top Bottom