Not open for further replies.

MACHINEGUN

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 16, 2008
    Du Mhan Yhu
    Why would you say shame on the owners?

Sounds like that prick shooter has an itchy trigger finger.. since when are Chocolate Labs aggressive dogs?

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    i understandably get a little flusterated when people hunt on our farm, but a dog does not understand property lines. thank god all my neibors understand that even if i dont have permision to hunt on there farm my dog may run over there. i always leave my gun on our (or the farm im hunting) property and go get the dog. it defintally does not warent shooting it.

i was coyote hunting a few weeks ago and called the neibors dog into our farm. defintally not the dog or the neibors fault it just happens

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    Why would you say shame on the owners?

Sounds like that prick shooter has an itchy trigger finger.. since when are Chocolate Labs aggressive dogs?

The reason I said shame on the owners was that they let him go running around loose and he ended up dead over it. It's the same as when I see a dog get hit by a car because he was running down the road. Keep them on your property and they'll be safe.

If the shooter knew the dog and the family, then shame on him too. Maybe he just saw a random loose dog running around on his property. Judging from the comment about warning them that they were trespassing when he allowed them to retrieve the body, he's probaly a piece of :poop:.

Poor dog, either way.

SWAMPMASTER

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    Logantucky
    Ok I must be a prick but Keep the dog on your own property!!!!! I have 3 unwanted litter of pups because someone cant keep there freaking Lab at home and Yes when I get the chance I wil shot it dead I have already warned the owners

Lobo

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2010
    you never shoot another man's dog:xmad:

That depends. I've seen plenty of scumbags who shouldn't own dogs, who let their aggressive dogs run free. I'd rather see an aggressive dog put down than a child with his or her face ripped off, which happens all too often.

That being said, you don't hear much about aggressive labs. This shooter may just be a prick. Easy solution, though. If you care about your pet, take care of it properly. If this was the first time the dog got onto the shooter's property, then yeah, he's a prick. If he's had repeated problems with the dog, property damage, etc., well.....:dunno:

The thing about whether the dog was aggressive or not is the hard part. I've seen people mauled by dogs, and the owner swearing up and down that the dog is not aggressive. Owners properly caring for their pets would make this a non-issue.

MACHINEGUN

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 16, 2008
    Du Mhan Yhu
    I agree.. no dog should be running around loose, but to shoot it just because you can.. well that is beyond wrong. Sounds to me like he gave the most trite excuse for shooting it also.

MACHINEGUN

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 16, 2008
    Du Mhan Yhu
    Ok I must be a prick but Keep the dog on your own property!!!!! I have 3 unwanted litter of pups because someone cant keep there freaking Lab at home and Yes when I get the chance I wil shot it dead I have already warned the owners

Here's a novel idea.. pick them all up and take them to an animal shelter instead of wanting to "shot them dead".

Are you really that heartless?

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    Based on circumstantial evidence, the shooter is a jerk.

A: It as a Lab, not exactly known for violence
    B: It was a trained champion Dock jumper, indicating it was probably well trained
    C: The dog was shot SIX times, and apparently drug by the property owner to a pile of brush before he shot it. If you can lead a dog somewhere before you shoot it six freaking times, chances are it wasn't TOO aggressive, eh?
    D: The shooter has a history of shooting any dogs that wander onto his property.

Yes, the Owner should have made sure the dog was secure, but accidents happen. If a dog attacks me or my family, it is getting shot. If a non-aggressive dog wanders into my yard? Heck no!

x10

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    Martinsville, IN
    I agree that it sucks to loose your dog but the dog owner should have kept the dog home, We only know a bit of the story, if the dog was aggressive then self defense was warranted, Whole days of threads are dedicated to the right of people to protect themselves and their property

the Denial of the shooting, is good sense, deny , deny , deny, why run up and yell that you shot someone elses dog,

What if the dog was over trying to kid at the kids show rabbits, or into the chicken pen,

We don't know the whole story, and maybe dogs have plagued the area for years.

Sorry guys I live in an area that people drop off dogs, some dog owners have rogues that cause nothing but trouble, and I've buried $300 worth of stock animals in 1 week because of other peoples dogs. That's money out of my pocket that there is no way of getting back.

elaw555

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Speedway, IN
    Based on circumstantial evidence, the shooter is a jerk.

A: It as a Lab, not exactly known for violence
    B: It was a trained champion Dock jumper, indicating it was probably well trained
    C: The dog was shot SIX times, and apparently drug by the property owner to a pile of brush before he shot it. If you can lead a dog somewhere before you shoot it six freaking times, chances are it wasn't TOO aggressive, eh?
    D: The shooter has a history of shooting any dogs that wander onto his property.

Yes, the Owner should have made sure the dog was secure, but accidents happen. If a dog attacks me or my family, it is getting shot. If a non-aggressive dog wanders into my yard? Heck no!

I couldn't agree more with the above, but would like to add this...

The news report says the killer initially denied seeing the dog then confessed to shooting it...yeah, he marks real high on my trust-o-meter. Self defense eh...

I guess some people who advocate the killing of an animal that isn't threatening them just can't wait to kill something to prove their manliness. Compensating?

I hope the killer has a going away party for his guns, sounds like he is in line to lose them.

grimor

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2010
    Elkhart
    Keep your dog on your own property. If he was "well trained" then the dog should know where he should and shouldn't go. My neighbor's kid (autistic in his 20's) feeds every stray cat, dog, raccoon, possum, skunk, etc in the neighborhood. I shoot everything I see on my property without a collar. Animals with collars get warning shots the first few times.

my neighbors "free range pets" excavate under my shed and garage, spread my trash around my yard, chew up everything in my shed, etc... It's always great to walk outside in the dark and see packs of disease filled strays running around.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    I couldn't agree more with the above, but would like to add this...

The news report says the killer initially denied seeing the dog then confessed to shooting it...yeah, he marks real high on my trust-o-meter. Self defense eh...

I guess some people who advocate the killing of an animal that isn't threatening them just can't wait to kill something to prove their manliness. Compensating?

I hope the killer has a going away party for his guns, sounds like he is in line to lose them.

Agreed.
    Six head shots is anger, not self defense IMO

x10

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    Martinsville, IN
    Guess people who won't take the responsibility to keep their dogs up are calling the shooter a jerk and people who are good pet owners and keep their dogs up want to know the rest of the story

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom