• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Aggar

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 7, 2010
    Kirklin
    Ok. I'll chime in. We farm and I do all our spraying. I do my absolute best to not kill neighbors yards. If I do damage something I try and fix it or pay to have it fixed. Now if it's ammonia then it'll pass and not hurt anything. It'll help your sinuses if You can stand to be around it. My sinuses are in great shape now. Just be nice and talk to them. Also if it is being sprayed, it may be a co-op doing and sometimes they don't care that much. They just care about covering acres. The farmer can plant right up to that line.

I have a story along those lines. we rent a field and te neighbor to it keeps piling stuff on the line so we keep moving over. Well he's about 10' over now and has a fence. One year his dog house was pushing the fence out about 1' and dad drove by with the planter and clipped the dog house and flipped it back and he came out cussing. Well about a month later I was side dressing that field with ammonia and he came out there walking all huffy at my telling me I'm number one and so I ever so gently raised the bar out if the ground and gave him a whiff of gas. He took off running and I've not had any problems out of him.

Ogre

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Anhydrous Ammonia isn't "sprayed". It is incorporated into the soil through "knives" that run below the soil surface. Since it is a gas "spaying" it wouln't be very useful. LOL
    Thank you for the education, I shall return meekly to my cave, never to mention the words "SPRAY" and "Anhydrous Ammonia" in the same sentance again ...:D

hunter_47443

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 16, 2010
    Greene Co.
    Anhydrous Ammonia isn't "sprayed". It is incorporated into the soil through "knives" that run below the soil surface. Since it is a gas "spaying" it wouln't be very useful. LOL

Actually, Anhydrous Ammonia is a liquid under pressure-doesn't become a gas until it is released from the tank. I have worked with it for the last 23 years.
    You are right about it having to be injected underground though.

Top Bottom