• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    I know squat about cowboy fast draw stuff... BUT... it looks like a big hunk of your time is your reaction to the buzzer. work on speeding up your reaction time, be ready to move the instant that tone starts. go on the "B" in "Beeeeeeep,"

-rvb

freekforge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    marion
    Yea i suck at audible starters im looking for visual starters like the lights used in competition. I have been sitting with the beeper thing working on my reaction time (hmmm a bop it toy might help lol) My holster has wayyy too much drag as well i need a stiffer bucket holster to use if i get serious about this. but i blame myself for the slower times not my gear.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    They were three shots each .81 time not all three in .81 which is still possible for the guys and gals that know what they are doing.

Gotchya. I was misreading what you were saying. That's still pretty darn quick though! :yesway:

ok here is my not so fast fast draw attempts. these were using just primed cases so I could do it inside.

[video=youtube;Cgxq5JHsl7k]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cgxq5JHsl7k&feature=youtu.be[/video]

:rockwoot: Hell yeah!! I know nothing about cowboy action, but that seems pretty fast to me. In USPSA, I'm ready to attempt fat-man cartwheels when I have a sub-second draw!!

freekforge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    marion
    Thanks! i dont know much about it but am trying to learn as much as i can. Howard darby has some videos on youtube that are very informative. Just a little while ago i shot a .61!!!!!!:rockwoot: but i haven't been able to do it again. Im excited to show my grandpa since he lived out west and is into the cowboy thing. So far ive beat him at splitting cards with a 6 gun and spinning now its time to see who would win a duel.

freekforge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    marion
    just shot a .72 with a one hand draw pinching the hammer back as it comes out of the holster. my off hand was resting on the belt.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I know squat about cowboy fast draw stuff... BUT... it looks like a big hunk of your time is your reaction to the buzzer. work on speeding up your reaction time, be ready to move the instant that tone starts. go on the "B" in "Beeeeeeep,"

-rvb

Quick draw is a lot like drag racing. The gear and how fast the body can move are not that different, but the guy who gets on it right when the buzzer starts or right when the light tree turns green has a big advantage.

rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    Quick draw is a lot like drag racing. The gear and how fast the body can move are not that different, but the guy who gets on it right when the buzzer starts or right when the light tree turns green has a big advantage.

I've been messing around w/ Max Michele's Shot Coach app.... I've noticed my reaction in a match is right around 0.2s. You can see on the audio graph when the buzzer starts and then see how long until your hands start to move. Freekforge, that app might be something to look into. You can play back at 1/10th speed and look for things you could do to be faster in your movement....

-rvb

Top Bottom