• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Very slick concept. Played with them for a while, and then Cathy bought one. We are kinda curious about what magnetizing the gun might do to it, though.

Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Any residual magnetism would be so weak at to be negligible I would imagine. It certainly would not effect brass, gun powder, or lead/copper, aluminum, or plastic. I like the idea and will have to look for it.

emrock32

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 30, 2009
    FW IN
    I like the idea and have seen a cleaner looking one in a magazine, but I have a 2 year old neice so i cannot experiment with it :(

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    Any residual magnetism would be so weak at to be negligible I would imagine. It certainly would not effect brass, gun powder, or lead/copper, aluminum, or plastic. I like the idea and will have to look for it.

i agree.... i have had a glock sitting on a fast holster for over 6 months and when i fire it NOTHING bad happens.... i dont think the residual is even enough to hold a tiny set screw that i laid onto it.... i wouldnt be to worried

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Also, magnetism isn't really transfered from static object to static object. Especially in these relatively weak magnets.

It generally takes some movement or electricity (to align the electrons) to impart magnetism on a non-magnetized object.

Of course, if history has anything to do with it, Rhino will make a glorious re-appearing and correct everything that I just typed. LOL

-J-

dtkw

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2009
    Bloomington
    Do you live in a high crime area? Why do you need to access your firearm in such hurry? If you work in a Gun shop, then I understand or any business that have a crazy ex employee coming back for revenge you firing him. I guess I am curious...:draw:

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Do you live in a high crime area? Why do you need to access your firearm in such hurry?

Generally speaking, situations that require the use of a firearm seldom come after ample warning. If you are in need of a gun, chances are you need it quickly.

dtkw

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2009
    Bloomington
    Kind of like insurance. Granted, I hope I will never have to use the deadly force upon anyone. But if the perp would not think I'd shot, he'd better be prepared to leave a will for his family. :draw:

Top Bottom