• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Turfweazel

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2012
    Fort Wayne
    So I needed some bolts today and went out to Fastenal on 30 in Columbia City. I was OC and no sooner than I get in the door the store manager walks up to me and tells me I can't carry in the store. I told him that there is no sign out front and he replies I know but only LEO are able to carry in his store. I told him that's fine and I will take my money to other stores and left.

chachi73

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 7, 2009
    west burbs
    good for you. any others near columbia city want to go shopping for hardware? be sure to oc and when they tell you no guns, tell them you'll go spend your $ at their competitor's business.

Be sure to post your experience.

Hammerhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2010
    Bartholomew County
    According to a buddy of mine who works for another industrial supply company, Fastenal has been unscrupulous with their customers, up to and including lying to supply managers to try to oust their rivals.

I'm not talking small lies, I'm talking big defamation, libel, slander type lies and other shady business practices.

I don't have a use for Fastenal, and now I have one more reason not to go.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    I have bought a few things at Fastenal. They have never appeared to me to be interested in walk-in business whether carrying or not.

My experience with them is that I am bothering them when I walk through the door.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    I have bought a few things at Fastenal. They have never appeared to me to be interested in walk-in business whether carrying or not.

My experience with them is that I am bothering them when I walk through the door.

My experience as well. They seem to prefer commercial/bulk sales, and not small sales.

Which has been quite hilarious, in my case. I have a business account with Grainger.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    Sin-city Tokyo
    According to a buddy of mine who works for another industrial supply company, Fastenal has been unscrupulous with their customers, up to and including lying to supply managers to try to oust their rivals.

I'm not talking small lies, I'm talking big defamation, libel, slander type lies and other shady business practices.

I don't have a use for Fastenal, and now I have one more reason not to go.

I consider them criminals anyways. They charge the company I work for $7.95 a bolt for the small ones we use.

Sounds like they need to change the name of their business to "F:nono:'emall!"

:dunno:

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    For those of you, in Indy, Utterback supply, on W. Morris St., just west of Harding St., welcomes walkins..... I have never carried there .....

SteviGX

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 19, 2011
    I used to work at the distribution center. You are much better taking business elsewhere. They treat employee's like ****.

NDguido

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2010
    Nappnee, Indiana
    good for you. any others near columbia city want to go shopping for hardware? be sure to oc and when they tell you no guns, tell them you'll go spend your $ at their competitor's business.

Be sure to post your experience.

I don't understand this thought process. Keep walking in with guns, and they will keep throwing you out of the store, all the while building a more negative opinion of gun owners. Why not just refuse to patronize the business and leave it at that? You want your rights respected, but you're willing to infringe on theirs?

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    I don't understand this thought process. Keep walking in with guns, and they will keep throwing you out of the store, all the while building a more negative opinion of gun owners. Why not just refuse to patronize the business and leave it at that? You want your rights respected, but you're willing to infringe on theirs?

What right am I infringing on by simply walking in to a business?:dunno:
    The point in doing as was suggested is so they see how much business they are losing by discriminating against a certain group of people.

By the way, I have purchased items at the Muncie store, while open carrying, with NO problem at all. Actually had a decent conversation with the young man working there.

NDguido

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2010
    Nappnee, Indiana
    What right am I infringing on by simply walking in to a business?:dunno:
    The point in doing as was suggested is so they see how much business they are losing by discriminating against a certain group of people.

By the way, I have purchased items at the Muncie store, while open carrying, with NO problem at all. Actually had a decent conversation with the young man working there.

You are infringing on their right to run their business as they see fit. They don't want guns in their business and the first thing you do is suggest people go in with guns.......and then act all indignant about not being welcome.

It doesn't matter how many times you've purchased things there in the past. What matters is that they have verbally made their position clear to you.

lazarus0213

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 98.3%
    58   1   1
    Jan 29, 2010
    Eden
    I feel ike they NEED to do more than verbally make a point clear on one instance. If they are really concrete about no guns in thier stor they NEED to put up a sign to let would be "right infringers" know to not enter that store. Other wise I see this as a discrimination issue, maybe they dont tell everyone they cant carry, just people they dont like or wanna do buisness with. Make them put up a sign because they get sick of telling people they dont want guns in the store, and they can go back to the head in sand mentallity.

NDguido

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2010
    Nappnee, Indiana
    I feel ike they NEED to do more than verbally make a point clear on one instance. If they are really concrete about no guns in thier stor they NEED to put up a sign to let would be "right infringers" know to not enter that store. Other wise I see this as a discrimination issue, maybe they dont tell everyone they cant carry, just people they dont like or wanna do buisness with. Make them put up a sign because they get sick of telling people they dont want guns in the store, and they can go back to the head in sand mentallity.

In a perfect world, maybe. I'm not inclined, nor do i feel obligated to tell anyone what kind of a sign they need to post on their own property. As far as I'm concerned, if I'm told I'm not wanted.........I don't go. Screw discrimination. I'd prefer to have the ability to boot anybody off my property for whatever reason I wanted.......Yes, even if i just thought he was ugly. That's the way it should be.

Top Bottom