• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 87iroc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    I am a big guy and have a 54" pant size. I actually prefer the pants just a bit small so it pulls the gun in to my side. I then take and use a composite belt(made here in Indiana...but the name escapes me right now). I used to carry a MP9c and still do occasionally...but bought a shield back in January and have been carrying it almost exclusively. That gun in my Alien Gear Holster(I hate the belt clips) disappears at my side. I have carried it under a tshirt successfully many times.

My 9c I carry in a Comp Tac holster and will get one eventually for the shield. Chezuki made a resounding point in another thread. There is a direct correlation between people that find IWB uncomfortable/intolerable and those that buy cheap holsters.

Good luck and welcome to the board.

Oh, and my dad drilled in to my head as a kid where to wear your pants...so at least I didn't have to jump pants size!

IndyTom

Expert
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Oct 3, 2013
    Fishers
    IWB around 5:00 works for me with a decent belt (I went Hank's) and a decent holster (though I am contemplating swapping to an Alien Gear). Walking around, in the car or in a theater seat, all are fine. The belt really made the difference for me.

gglass

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    ELKHART
    At 6'1" and 225 bls, I can say that I no longer have a svelte figure, but I can quite comfortably carry a full-sized M&P at the 4:30 position with the Alien Gear Cloak Tuck 3.0 IWB holster. Most of the time I actually do forget that I am wearing a gun at all.

Excalibur

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   2   0
    May 11, 2012
    NWI
    I'm fat and I wear a pants size of 42 and I weight about 265. I but good pants, good belts and wear an IWB Bravo Concealment DOS holster around my 4 to 5 o clock and it's been doing well for me so far.

worddoer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   1
    Jul 25, 2011
    Wells County
    You need to watch this video. This video explains everything we need to know as men who are horizontally gifted who wish to carry a gun.

Yes, the video says it's for appendix carry, but I think it applies to all method of carry for those of us who are horizontally gifted.

[video=youtube;LYVekHI7fzQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LYVekHI7fzQ&list=PL4A85932389160025&index= 344[/video]

Top Bottom