• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • indianajoe

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 24, 2009
    Fishers
    Following along to jblomenberg16's thread on "great dad moments," I took my kid down to Atterbury yesterday. If you have teens, you know how tough it can be to get a smile out of them. To be able to spend this kind of time with your kid and have them enjoy it this much, there's nothing better. Here's three minutes of it....

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y1xTXwcqSys"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y1xTXwcqSys[/ame]

(Look for U.S. Patriot making a cameo appearance in the next lane over.)

Rayne

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 3, 2011
    Former Tree Sniper
    Very cool vidoe you did there. She was so serious when she shot and then came the big grins. Priceless!!! I especially loved the pink shoes and socks shot in the video. +1000 for being a good Dad.

indianajoe

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 24, 2009
    Fishers
    Very cool vidoe you did there. She was so serious when she shot and then came the big grins. Priceless!!! I especially loved the pink shoes and socks shot in the video. +1000 for being a good Dad.

Isn't it great? I'm thinking, "this kid I remember wiping Gerber pureed squash off her face, she's driving tacks in her pink Chuck Taylors." This is what makes life good.

bigcat1971

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2010
    Beech Grove, Indiana
    Awesome video,it's nice to have that farther / daughter time at the shooting range.Back in March I took my 16 year old daughter to the range for the first time and it was awesome,she loved it and she was dam good at it to.Now she wants her own 9mm.:yesway:

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    She's obviously had some good instruction; solid grip and stance (none of that stereotypical "girl lean"), and only a slight muzzle droop when the FTFs happen. I also enjoyed the "highlight reel" with the music. Great job, Joe; you have lots to be proud of there.

Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker
    That's a great thing to see right there! Thanks for sharing with us! I really need to do the same thing with my 18 year old daughter this week while I'm off work. Just not too many decent places to shoot in Indy but I'll come up with something.

indianajoe

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 24, 2009
    Fishers
    Appreciate reading the responses of you dads and moms. It can be tough to connect with a teen. When many of the looks you get involve eye-rolling or plain old disinterest, being able to share a time like this, and to have the camera capture a look like this:

Snapshot35-22-201112-27PM.png

... well, that's just a gift.

Top Bottom