• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kevinj110

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 5, 2009
    home
    If I was him I would be withdrawing her from school to be home school. Just another gov policy doing no good. It makes me wonder how much money they get a day per each student. Hmm maybe $500?

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    Hey, why should he get a pass on the truancy laws just because his daughter is missing? Rules is rules.

Government-think is always so amazing.

When I was in the Army stationed in Germany, I got into a car wreck that totalled my car. It was hauled to a particular lot on post until I could properly dispose of it, which by regulations, I had to do after a month. The problem was that I needed the final police report for them to let it out of the lot. The German who caused the accident decided to fight it in court, which apparently rarely happens because it's almost impossible to go against the police opinion and win. Because of this, I was in limbo until the case came to court months later. During this time, there were several court continuances beyond my control.

The government drone who ran the lot on post couldn't get his mind around the concept that my car had been there over a month, which was against the rules, but he also wouldn't let me take it out without the final report.

Drone: Sergeant Ross, your vehicle has been in this lot past the deadline.
    Me: Okay, I'm happy to move it if you'll let it out of the lot without the final police report, which I don't yet have because the case hasn't been resolved.
    Drone: No, you need the final police report.
    Me: I don't have it.
    Drone: You need to get it.
    Me: I can't get it until it goes to trial.
    Drone: Well, you need to get it because I can't keep it here more than a month.

I'd go on to explain, and then the next month we'd have the conversation again. Several times he filed a complaint report with my Commander, and I'd have to go through it all again.

lane440

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 19, 2010
    whiteland
    In Texas 17 is the legal consent age for a few things and leaving home is one . The parents can go to the school and drop her out to get off the states $$$ hook . Kinda backwards not classified as a runnaway but truancy yes . These laws were not $$$ motivated. ?? ..

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    NE Indiana
    If I was him I would be withdrawing her from school to be home school. Just another gov policy doing no good. It makes me wonder how much money they get a day per each student. Hmm maybe $500?
    I don't know the law in Texas (Kirk, don't write a word!) but here in Indiana that wouldn't fly. Once they know there is little chance of the child actually being schooled, you're in violation. In this case, if he has told them she is missing, why would they believe him that he is withdrawing her and homeschooling her?

whocares

Shooter
    Rating - 92.9%
    13   1   0
    Nov 9, 2010
    Clarksville, IN.
    Man, what you are not seeing is the whole story. People forgot to mention how the truant officers were already investigating her for the 27 days she missed through the year already. Now thats just a theory, but I bet there is more to this story.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    I am not in favor of mandatory schooling. It is their choice, their future. If they don't want to learn, don't make me pay to teach them. And don't make me pay to lock them up when they don't want to learn.

Top Bottom