• ...and so much more!
  • Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    This story just serves to prove what a bad idea dynamic entry can be.
    Where does this dad go to regain his quality of life?
    How long will it take for him and his daughter to return to "normalcy"?

No, I don't believe dynamic entries should be used in any but the most dire circumstances.
    I don't understand how this doesn't happen much more often.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    I've heard this phrase concerning military ops, but "operational success, intelligence failure" seems appropriate here. No win situation for Sgt Door-Kicker, is the delay bad guys flushing the drugs or law abiding citizens calling 911 after racking the slide?

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    I'll tell you what, that's one of my nightmare scenarios.

Glad it wasn't more of a tragedy.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    And they have done this in indy too. Criminals I mean.
    Also they had 1 (maybe a group) of indy cops not too many years back that were actualy using their real badges to rob people. FBI arrested them.

What are the odds though?

Literally every "police impersonation home invasion" I've seen has been of a dope house. Every single one.

I would just about rather see a stealth entry where knockout gas is introduced into the dwelling first. Sleeping crims can't cause trouble and everyone's blood pressure stays 50 points lower.

Lulz, wut?

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Yeah, I'm less worried about a police impersonator than a snitch with a bad memory (or more sinister motives) or a search warrant affiant with fat fingers.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Knock out gas = general anesthesia.

Any surgeon or even dentist will have you sign a waiver in case you do not wake up.

That might be covered by the police immunity they enjoy.

SwikLS

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 26, 2015
    The Bunker
    Literally every "police impersonation home invasion" I've seen has been of a dope house. Every single one.

Seems to me that if you were going to impersonate police for a robbery, the worst place to do it would be for a known dope house since it would be more likely that the occupants would have no problem shooting a police officer more so than an occupant of a non-dope house, but then criminals ain't exactly known for being all that smart.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Seems to me that if you were going to impersonate police for a robbery, the worst place to do it would be for a known dope house since it would be more likely that the occupants would have no problem shooting a police officer more so than an occupant of a non-dope house, but then criminals ain't exactly known for being all that smart.

Risk/reward. Dope houses have...wait for it...dope. And cash. Neither has to be pawned and is fungible. Go after Joe Random, you might get a little cash, but most of the valuables is stuff that has to be pawned or otherwise sold. Which is evidence, and doesn't get you the full value. They have their own intel, they know when shipments are received, etc.

Plus you rob Granny Smith, she cooperates with the police and shows up to trial. Rob the dope man, he might not even call the police. Often if the neighbors didn't call, we'd have no idea it happened.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Heya BBI,

In terms of the risk/reward, it seems like dope dealers mostly still see the capital-eligible crime of shooting an officer as a Bad Idea. Since there's no stigma to going to jail (and in Marion county, not much of a chance of jail), getting arrested isn't a big deal.

That means that doing the impersonator thing, while not without risk, isn't necessarily a big risk. Dopers are probably more likely to shoot at other dopers breaking in than police, no?

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Heya BBI,

Since there's no stigma to going to jail (and in Marion county, not much of a chance of jail), getting arrested isn't a big deal.

Yup, as long as you aren't likely to be referred federally, who cares? Just the cost of doing business. Then you can continue to deal dope while on house arrest.

In terms of the risk/reward, it seems like dope dealers mostly still see the capital-eligible crime of shooting an officer as a Bad Idea.....That means that doing the impersonator thing, while not without risk, isn't necessarily a big risk.Dopers are probably more likely to shoot at other dopers breaking in than police, no?

Anecdotally, I believe this to be true.

Top Bottom