• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • horsehaulin

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 12, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    Took the boys on a Boy Scout camp out this weekend. We have been having trouble with behaviour out of them lately. So my wife treated me to my Father's Day gift a little early. S&W M&P 9 Shield, that's what I have been secretly wanting for a few months and she spied my iPad and found one at ZX Gun in Fort Wayne on Friday. The oldest boy started losing his lunch (literally) around 2PM so we broke camp and headed home early and I was able to apply my coats of FrogLube. Can't wait to hit the range and let some lead fly from my new carry.

Might be time to trade the G23 with NiB slide and barrel for another FS something.

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    You will enjoy it a lot. I have one in fortay that I EDC for over a year now. I would suggest an Apex trigger kit in it. I put one in mine and was hitting the Steel Gong at 50 yrds 3 to 4 shots out of 7 on the second mag through it. I also added TruGlo TFO night sights on it.

Jetgirl hooked me up with two extra 7 rd mags a couple weeks ago.

horsehaulin

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 12, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    It's an inside joke, he sold my wife the gun. Of course I work there part time on Satudays.

Nate, the VTAC for my G23? But the VTAC needs Meprolight night sights instead of that junk set up from the factory.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    You've been having trouble with the boys' behavior so your wife bought you a gun? I know that's either a joke or an inadvertently awkward first couple of sentences.

85s10

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 20, 2012
    My wife surprised me for my birthday by buying me a SD 40 VE. It was used but like new. I love it.

tcoats84

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 11, 2013
    Nice! All i got was some 9mm in a winchester white box. Just kidding, i will gladly take all the ammo i can get.

UncleNorby

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 24, 2012
    Near South Bend, IN
    So are all these purchases by wives with intent to gift the gun legal or not?

I've been at more than one store where a lady comes in and tells the guy behind the gun counter she wants to buy her husband/boyfriend a shotgun, and they refuse the sale saying it's a "straw purchase" and against the law. I think that it's total BS by the way, I'm just asking.

Tater36

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2014
    Greenwood
    So are all these purchases by wives with intent to gift the gun legal or not?

I've been at more than one store where a lady comes in and tells the guy behind the gun counter she wants to buy her husband/boyfriend a shotgun, and they refuse the sale saying it's a "straw purchase" and against the law. I think that it's total BS by the way, I'm just asking.

Didnt the Supreme Court just give a ruling on this? Think it did classify as a straw purchase unfortunately.

USMC-Johnson

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 27, 2013
    Fort Wayne
    Negative.

A What happened in that ruling is that his uncle or whoever gave the other guy money to buy a gun for him even though it was properly transferred. You can still gift a firearm if its "out of the goodness of your heart" essentially. In other words they arent paying you to get it for them.

Top Bottom