• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Elcardo

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 14, 2020
    Ft.wayne
    Just got my first batch of 124 grain 9 mm from Summit City bullets and they look great just loaded up my test loads and we'll be trying them out tomorrow
    Right now I'm using CFE pistol then all I have after that is autocomp
    Wondering if any of you run a different powder for your cast bullets then your FMJ and if so why and wich powder

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    For pistol caliber I generally use Unique unless I'm shooting a heavier revolver load and then it's 2400. I've never had an auto pistol that Unique would fail to operate.

SEH0521

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jun 18, 2020
    Jackson County
    Alliant Sport Pistol works really well (at least for me) with lead/coated.
    I'm shooting 147gr Hi-Tek Coated.
    I've went through 2.5 pounds of it with zero issues.

Trapper Jim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    Arcadia
    Bullseye. Never have been able to beat it. Some are just as good but no reason to change. Unique for large caliber and 2400 for magnums. Erasures, granular composition, cute names and logos not worth it to me. American made is.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    I use Bullseye or BP in my Colt Army/Navy revolvers depending on the age. The 148 grain HBWC bullets are easier to use than casting up the heeled bullets most of these guns use.

Elcardo

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 14, 2020
    Ft.wayne
    Well all I could find today is 800x so guess I'll be working up a load with that for the rest of these cast bullets lol
    Gotta love the pandemic/election/whatever other thing we're scared of this week

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Appreciate the tip
    What I usually do is get my powder dispenser to drop where it is consistently lower than my target load. Then I trickel in the rest. This is very important if you plan on going maximum load. 800x can give you some very high velocity rds with lower pressure than most powders just be careful work your way up.

Elcardo

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 14, 2020
    Ft.wayne
    What I usually do is get my powder dispenser to drop where it is consistently lower than my target load. Then I trickel in the rest. This is very important if you plan on going maximum load. 800x can give you some very high velocity rds with lower pressure than most powders just be careful work your way up.
    I only load to get reasonable accuracy and to cycle the weapon properly ,closer to minimum I can achieve that the better in my book so I'm never anywhere near maximum but I do plan to get a chrono and start really exploring what I can do with reloading so I'll definitely keep that in mind

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I only load to get reasonable accuracy and to cycle the weapon properly ,closer to minimum I can achieve that the better in my book so I'm never anywhere near maximum but I do plan to get a chrono and start really exploring what I can do with reloading so I'll definitely keep that in mind
    Even some high dollar power measure dispensers will throw out over or under with 800x by .3gr I've seen it be as bad as .5gr 800x is usually all over the place on the scales ever one different. So hand weigh each load is my advice. There maybe a powder measure out there that accurately dispenses 800x but I haven't found or owned one that does yet.

800x is my favorite 10mm powder for full power loads. I think it can give you some speedy loads in most pistol cartridges that can use it.

Top Bottom