• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IUKalash429

Bullet Hose
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Apr 6, 2019
    Rum Ham
    Since moving to Indianapolis in early fall, I've had far less free time to research ranges and clubs than I had imagined. So, apologies for possibly beating a dead horse here, but I'm just curious where folks around Indy without access to private land like to stretch out their long guns. What ranges do you visit where you can shoot out to 150, 200 or more yards, that are about an hour away from the capital? I'm on the north side of town, for what it's worth, and realize an hour from Zionsville is way different than an hour from Greenwood.

I've searched INGO and a few of the aggregate sites (RangeListings, etc.) and reached out directly to a couple clubs about waitlists, but my findings have been disappointing, frankly. I would have thought there'd be plenty more options within an hour's drive or less of Indy. I've visited a couple indoor ranges, but shooting AKs and scoped bolt actions at 25 yards isn't remotely satisfying. There are a couple 100-yard spots around here but I'd prefer rhe opportunity to stretch out a bit farther. Don't mind getting on a waitlist to apply for a private club, either. Just not interested in driving three, four+ hours round trip.

Your suggestions are much appreciated, thanks!

russc2542

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Oct 24, 2015
    Columbus
    Hoosier Hills is a private club with 200yd range but again, distance: it's about 45 mins from the south side of Indy. About 6 miles west of I65 exit 68 (Columbus)

Top Bottom