• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    If 5.56 isn't good enough, buy 75-77gr 5.56.

Yes it costs more, but it's no more expensive than getting some obscure chambering you'll never find ammo for.

It's also proven and used the world over. Plus you can still use any regular 5.56.

I keep hearing of all these short comings and all these comparisons, but they're always comparisons to the most "meh" loading. 77gr is a whole different world from the 55gr. If your rifle can't handle 77gr bullets, then buy something that's in-spec next time.

gunselman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 94.1%
    32   2   0
    Dec 18, 2008
    Indy
    I love shooting the 5.56 as its relatively cheap and common. 458 SOCOM when i need to throw really big chunks. I would have to say the best overall cartridge in a AR platform would be the 300 blackout. With the ability to shoot 110gr all the way up to 230gr it makes it a really versatile round. It uses 5.56 mags and bolt, and all that is required for a change to it is a barrel.

zoglog

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Sep 20, 2009
    Hendricks Co
    5.7x28. Too much fun to shoot. 50 rounds loaded in from the top and an old mag to catch the spent brass out the bottom. Just a cool set up all around.

6mm Shoot

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2012
    I shoot the 5.56 X 45 and the 6mm X 45. The 6mm hits a little harder. The 5.56 is easy to get ammo for, or was. Still is if you are willing to pay the price. The 6mm X 45 has to be had loaded for. Both use the same brass and mags.

Top Bottom