• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • thej27

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 15, 2009
    Crawfordsville
    I am currently on a quest to find a good tasting beer to use for batter. I have been trying a few different flavors and so far Coors Light and Sam Adams Scotch Ale seem to top the list. Any other suggestions from you guys?

kboom524

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    New Haven
    I was told years ago by a head chef friend of mine that the best beer for cooking was Pabst Blue Ribbon. Neither of us would ever drink the stuff, but something about it is good for cooking. I buy a single can from local liquor store, open it up and let it sit on counter for a few hours. You want it warm and flat before you mix it into your batter. Save the good beer for drinking.

Fishersjohn48

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Feb 19, 2009
    Fishers
    I was told years ago by a head chef friend of mine that the best beer for cooking was Pabst Blue Ribbon. Neither of us would ever drink the stuff, but something about it is good for cooking. I buy a single can from local liquor store, open it up and let it sit on counter for a few hours. You want it warm and flat before you mix it into your batter. Save the good beer for drinking.

Not just to disagree but I prefer it to still have plenty of carbonation. It makes the batter lighter and fluffy. I like things fluffy...:D

geronimojoe85

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Nov 16, 2009
    Gotta love Three Floyds! One of the best breweries in the US, right here in IN!

Last time I was there They had Alpha King on the engine. I almost didn't make it out of there with any money.

96firephoenix

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 15, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    haha if you've already been drinking, steel city reserve is ok. wouldn't recommend it sober.

I've always wanted to try a blue moon batter just for the odd spices in the beer.

geronimojoe85

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Nov 16, 2009
    I always get screwed on getting a ticket for Dark Lord Day. My BIL on the other hand has gone for the past couple years. Everytime I'm over at their house they set up a "No Joe Zone"

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana

You, sir, deserve many negative reps. PBR is one of the best American Lagers ever produced.

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    Sam Adams is disgusting...all of it. I can handle those fancy brews sometimes but most just taste like puke. If you want something fancy, don't drink beer.

Top Bottom