• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • zhigdon91

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2013
    southside indy
    just curious to see what everyones favorite gen glocks is. personally i have a gen 2.5 glock 30 and a gen 4 glock 27. i have shot a gen 3 glock 19 as well but i would have to say my favorite is the gen 2.5. im not big on rail mounts on a pistol so the no rail doesnt affect me.

(sorry if this has been posted already)

mpholic

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 16, 2008
    All of my Glocks are gen3. I don't believe the gen4 has enough advantage for me to replace all of my Glocks. That being said if I was to buy a new Glock I would most likely buy a gen4.

mvician

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    NW Indiana
    2, 3, & 4...........I'll add 1 to the list when I can find a nice Gen1 17 :D

if I had to choose only one, it would be the Gen3 RTF2

Need to update this pic with the Gen3 RTF23 in it.

Last edited:

rkwhyte2

aka: Vinny
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Sep 26, 2012
    Sheridan
    So besides the finger grooves and the rails how does one know what generation their Glock is?

Last edited:

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    I prefer Gen 3. The figer grooves and rail are nice. I would have said Gen 4, but I don't like the whole guide rod fiasco. If they'd have just stayed with cosmetic/ergonomic improvements the gen 4 would have been just fine.

With that being said if I found the right deal on any earlier glock model I'd probably buy it.

mpholic

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 16, 2008
    , the gen 4 was a fix to a problem that didn't exist.

For the most part I would agree but ambidextrous magazine release is nice for left handed shooters although they are in the minority and most left handed shooters have learned to adapt from necessity.

zhigdon91

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2013
    southside indy
    my gen 2.5 is basically a gen 3 without the rail which i like just my prefence but other than that it has the finger grooves and everything else the gen 3 has.

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    For the most part I would agree but ambidextrous magazine release is nice for left handed shooters although they are in the minority and most left handed shooters have learned to adapt from necessity.

I was referring to the guide rod "upgrade". I should have been more clear. I do like the larger mag release and the fact that is Ambi is a nice touch though it does nothing for me. I do not like how the back straps are held in place and I am not a fan of the new frame texture.

Mr. Neal

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 7, 2011
    Northern Indiana
    Gen4 for sure. I for one like the new recoil spring. Gives the g22 a little less snap( personal opinion, cause it varies person to person) they say it also improves life but I have yet to fully test it.. It is ambi friendly as far as the mag release and it also has a larger mag release button. The texture is the best yet in my opinion and it also has the finger grooves. Its all the gens rolled into one superior glock. I know that might tick a few folks off but once again my opinion.

Top Bottom