• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 1861navy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2013
    Hey, guys I did some searching on the forums and didn't find anything on the subject, so here it is.

Everyone has a favorite part/s of getting a new gun. For some it's unboxing, some it's the first cleaning, the first shooting, for others their favorite part might be just having another gun. I'm curious, what are INGOers favorite part/s of getting a new gun. P.S. The gun doesn't have to be brand spanking new, can be a trade, hand me down, used buy, or whatever.

I'll go first. My favorite part/s of getting a new gun is taking it all the way apart and replacing all the flat head screws with high quality Philips head or Allen keys, and deburring, smoothing, lubricating all moving parts.

Should be interesting, I look forward to your favorites!

cmamath13

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Mar 3, 2013
    Greenwood
    Interesting question. Seems like my answer should be shooting it. But I think it's reading the manual and leaning about all the unique features.

jb1911

Expert
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Nov 21, 2011
    Dyer, IN
    I like to tear it down and examine the way it works. Also, I like the fact that somewhere out there a liberal is crying.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    It is a lot of things. 1st is being "Able" to purchase a new gun. 2nd is the search and the decision making process. 3rd is all of the above...fondling, cleaning, fondling, some more fondling and then running the PI$$ out of it.............:rockwoot:

LarryC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 18, 2012
    Frankfort
    Researching it (providing its isn't a dupe of one I have) - tearing it down, cleaning & lubing. Then testing it out to see what the accuracy and handling characteristics are when firing. Then if needed polishing / deburring, replacing any worn parts etc. Thrill does wear off just a bit after the first 50 or so ----:)::dunno:

CQB

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Jul 4, 2012
    Central North Forty
    I like it all, but if I had to pick just one aspect, it would be getting it home and immediately field stripping and cleaning. It's like a first date that you just spent $600+ on at dinner but as soon as you get her back to your place, she begs you to take her clothes off and admire her beauty. Maybe it's just me? Been awhile since a first date.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Getting home with it and stripping it bare. Then getting the gun cleaning kit out and start taking my new firearm apart to inspect, clean and lube it!

Ngdonut

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    Greenfield, IN
    Mine is definitely shooting it. I don't buy guns just to look at them and hold them, though I definitely do like doing those things. But, nothing compares to actually getting to shoot the thing.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Prior to purchase: The chase. Figuring out what I want by going and fingering different guns, picking around on the Internet, etc.

After the purchase: Shooting. Nothing like turning money into smoke and noise.

Beast556

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Zionsville
    Interesting question. Seems like my answer should be shooting it. But I think it's reading the manual and leaning about all the unique features.

What's a manual? Ha ha. I don't think Ive ever cracked one open to be honest. I like to strip it down and lube it up first thing. I think the most exciting thing for me is just finding the one I want. The actual purchase is sort of anti-climatic after that.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    I like going through the background check. I love the moment when I am approved by the government and realize how much I'm liked by those at the federal level. What they are saying is that I'm a law-abiding citizen whom they appreciate and respect as a citizen. They are telling me they appreciate my safe handling of my guns and the example I set at the range, at home and in training classes. Yes, there is no better part of the gun buying process than hearing the salesperson say, "Approved!" It just makes me feel all warm inside.

Top Bottom