• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BiscuitNaBasket

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.6%
    73   1   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    Greenwood
    I like Hoosier National a lot. Park along a gravel road and walk in anywhere. Tents have to be out of sight of the "adventure trail" or in a designated area IIRC.

Super Bee

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    In Indiana we love state parks. Ouabache State Park just south of Fort Wayne is beautiful. Potato Creek State Park, Brown County State Park, Springmill State Park are also very nice.

For short trips Grandhaven Michigan is fantastic. Sits just north of Holland. The campground sits directly on the beaches of Lake Michigan, amazing.

ADDICTED2TONE

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 26, 2014
    Floyds Knobs
    Obannon woods is nice, I grew up in Corydon and that was a favorite place for us. Stage Stop was great but its closed. We camp at Newton Stewart at Patoka Lake a lot. Patoka is my favorite place to camp.
    Deam Lake is nice too as is Clifty Falls in Madison. Indiana has a lot of nice places to camp.

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    Drive here.Hoosier National Forest - Hickory Ridge Fire Tower

Pass it around a mile and a half.There is a pull off on the left that will fit up to three cars.You can camp close to the road without any trouble,or you can hike in a bit(we usually hiked in a good ways).If you drive over the bridge/creek you went to far.
    On a side note last time we where there the tower was still open to climb and get a great view.It has been 4-5 years though since our last trip,but I camped in that spot a good 25 years(since boyscouts at 12).If you want to hike lots of trails take off from or cross the fire tower(with maps located at the tower).

Top Bottom