• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Revopop

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 11, 2009
    Evansville, the Shallow South
    I had my Ruger LCR stolen from my car last night:xmad:, so I'm in the market for a new pocket gun. I wear cargo shorts or pants most of the time, so I've got plenty of room in my front pocket, and though the LCR was nice to carry it wasn't much fun to shoot. Anybody carry something other than a lightweight revolver in a pocket? Heavier revolver, like a detective special or SP101? Little 380 like a Sig 238 or colt mustang? Tiny 9 like a Kahr or Sig 938? I may end up getting another LCR or an airweight J frame, but I want to try a few other options if I'm gonna go shopping anyway.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Smith and Wesson airweight for me. It it a bit smaller then an LCR. I consider the lightweight revolver to be the only true option for a "pocket gun"

bjenkins

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Jul 4, 2014
    jeffersonville
    Ditto on the Kahr PM9 or the Sig 938 both are excellent small pistols. I would first try to rent and shoot both as triggers are very different on each one.

Revopop

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 11, 2009
    Evansville, the Shallow South
    I had it in my laptop bag, but don't worry, I had a different one on my belt. I have a Kahr MK9 and I really like the smooth trigger but I consider it a belt gun. I've owned an all steel j frame and didn't mind the weight as much in my pocket. Another reason why I'm looking at others is that my LCR had a boot grip and front night sight, which is a configuration you can't get anymore. The big Hogue grip kinda sucks in a pocket.

CTS

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 24, 2012
    Fort Wayne
    I've got an Airweight 442 but my wife usually carries that, lately I've fallen in love with the M&P Shield. It's got plenty of punch and fits very nicely using a Remora holster. I've probably put ~300 rounds through it in the last few months and it performs really well.

Notavictim646

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Aug 3, 2010
    Undisclosed
    Seecamp .380 for me. Not fun to shoot though.

Also not a pistol I would leave in my car overnight. Come to think of it, I don't own a pistol that I would leave in my car overnight.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    I had my Ruger LCR stolen from my car last night:xmad:, so I'm in the market for a new pocket gun. I wear cargo shorts or pants most of the time, so I've got plenty of room in my front pocket, and though the LCR was nice to carry it wasn't much fun to shoot. Anybody carry something other than a lightweight revolver in a pocket? Heavier revolver, like a detective special or SP101? Little 380 like a Sig 238 or colt mustang? Tiny 9 like a Kahr or Sig 938? I may end up getting another LCR or an airweight J frame, but I want to try a few other options if I'm gonna go shopping anyway.

Seecamp .380 for me. Not fun to shoot though.

Also not a pistol I would leave in my car overnight. Come to think of it, I don't own a pistol that I would leave in my car overnight.

Why carry a pistol that isn't fun to shoot?

BiscuitNaBasket

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.6%
    73   1   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    Greenwood
    Personal experience:
    -SigSauer P238. Small, but heavy for a pocket pistol. Metal frame not polymer.
    -Smith & Wesson M&P Shield 9. This might be debatable as a pocket gun for some, but it works perfectly as a pocket gun for me. Lightweight polymer frame, 8+1 capacity.

Others I've heard are good guns:
    -Kahr PM9
    -Kahr CM9
    -Ruger LC9...LC9S coming out soon, might want to keep that in mind.

Top Bottom