• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • VN Vet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Indianapolis
    One at a time, two at a time or three at a time: All are fun to shoot, all are accurate and all are deadly.

Pocket Carry - Kahr P380
    Appendix Carry - Kahr P9
    OWB Carry - Kahr TP45

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Can't speak for the other guy, but for me I shot the LCR well, it was just painful when I did. I also have a 22 LCR and I practiced a lot with that. I'd rather not buy a second gun to practice with, though.

If you have a 22 LCR then I would probably just get another LCR. I am sure you can buy a boot grip and night sight, or maybe add Crimson Trace. another option would be just to carry the 22. Yes I know not ideal but still a better option then a lot of the little pocket autos.

Glock10MM

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 16, 2012
    If you want to spend more money the Scandium-alloy S&W J-frames are nice but, a "no lock" S&W 642 can be had for under $400 online(plus transfer and shipping) and, they still are "light-weight." I prefer a a J frame over the LCR because of their size, the S&Ws are hard to beat for pocket carry IMHO.
    S&W 642 38sp No Lock NIB : Revolvers at GunBroker.com

Some of the Kahr pistols work well too.

Revopop

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 11, 2009
    Evansville, the Shallow South
    If you want to spend more money the Scandium-alloy S&W J-frames are nice but, a "no lock" S&W 642 can be had for under $400 online(plus transfer and shipping) and, they still are "light-weight." I prefer a a J frame over the LCR because of their size, the S&Ws are hard to beat for pocket carry IMHO.
    S&W 642 38sp No Lock NIB : Revolvers at GunBroker.com

Some of the Kahr pistols work well too.

That's definitely on the short list as well. One thing I found about the LCR vs j frames is that holster choice is much more limited for the Ruger. J frames have been around so long that just about any holster made is available for them.

Glock10MM

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 16, 2012
    That's definitely on the short list as well. One thing I found about the LCR vs j frames is that holster choice is much more limited for the Ruger. J frames have been around so long that just about any holster made is available for them.

There are a lot more options when it comes to grips and holsters that is for sure. There is one advantage to the LCR, the front sight is pinned. The newer all-stainless S&Ws have a pinned front sight.(60, 640, 649) As well as, the Scandium framed (360/PD and 340/PD. If changing the front sight, or the ability to swap out the the front sight is important to you.

copo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    nwi
    For pocket carry I carry a Sig 238 with 2 extra mags in other pocket. I love shooting the little 238. Its not to bad for a small gun in big hands.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    I carried a Detective Special for a while. I wouldn't consider it to be a pocket gun. It's too bulky and heavy, although I did use it in this role occasionally if just running out to the store and back.

Right now I have a S&W Bodyguard .38 spl. Itworks great for pocket carry in a Desantis Nemesis holster. (Thanks GFGT for the recommendation.)

So far I've found that I don't always put shots where I want them w/the Bodyguard, bu I'm working on that.

Has anyone mentioned the Ruger LCP? I have a buddy that swears by it.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I'm another fan of J-frames. Carried a 442 for many years and I actually enjoyed shooting it.

lamboz1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2014
    United States
    have a bodyguard 380 and a sig p238, both fit in a sig wallet holster. i prefer the sig, but it is a bit bigger/wider with the rubber wraparound grips. both have no problem fitting in front pocket, or in cargo pants pocket

Ford Truck

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Franklin Twp., DeKalb County, Ind.
    I used to carry a Mod. 36 with a de-horned hammer and Pachmayr Compac grips.. Kept it loaded with Winchester-Western 200 grain Super Police .38 Spl. That was a long time ago. Now, my 2.5" Mod. 66 is too large for my jeans pockets. It will work for a pocket gun if I'm wearing bib overalls.

Top Bottom