• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cemetery-man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    Bremen
    Very rarely do I ever resort to pocket carry but when I am forced to, I grab my Sig P938 and I'm good to go. Easy in/out in the front pocket and I get lots of smiles and winks when babes walk by.

jesse485

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    La Porte
    I've done the J-frame & LCR before, now its a Kahr P380. The revos were shaped to be a bit more discreet in the pocket, but the Kahr is much easier to shoot. The LCR has a decent trigger for a revolver, but its not as good as an auto. Bonus in that the sights are better on the Kahr, and swappable, including the rear. Now that there's a CW380, they're affordable too.

abuckle

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 10, 2014
    Indianapolis
    I think when purchasing a gun you have to think about holsters options as well. This is almost as important in some regards as the actual gun. What I mean by that is if you are not comfortable with your hosted, you won't use it and again you are not any further along than you were without your gun on the go. Check out Desantis holsters, they have good reviews.

ru44mag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 6, 2013
    My favorite pocket pistol is the P238. Great fun to shoot as well. If you have big pockets, and seeing as how you like the Kahr trigger, go with a CM9. It is very small, but a little big for my pockets. Great for IWB carry.

Cuttingedge

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   1
    Jun 10, 2014
    South
    Seecamp .380 for me. Not fun to shoot though.

Also not a pistol I would leave in my car overnight. Come to think of it, I don't own a pistol that I would leave in my car overnight.

+1

if your gonna leave it in a car..... Hi point... Gonna carry it, colt mustang or sig (380 OR 9mm) either are not bad to shoot at all.

What at areyou looking for more? Ease of carry? Concealment? Joy to shoot? Glove box gun?

Revopop

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 11, 2009
    Evansville, the Shallow South
    +1

if your gonna leave it in a car..... Hi point... Gonna carry it, colt mustang or sig (380 OR 9mm) either are not bad to shoot at all.

What at areyou looking for more? Ease of carry? Concealment? Joy to shoot? Glove box gun?

Mostly, I want a gun I can carry in my pocket on hot days when a t shirt won't quite hide something IWB, but I want something I can shoot well. Right now I'm leaning towards a Kahr or a Sig 238. I've been trying pocket carry with my 22 LCR, and I really hate that giant grip. My MK9 is proportioned right for my pocket (though I wouldn't want anything even a little bit bigger) but the weight is just too much, so I'm thinking CM9. And it doesn't hurt that the mags and holsters i have already for my MK9 will fit it too. I also really like the 238, cause it's basically a tiny 1911.

686 Shooter

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    Huntington County
    My favorite pocket gun is North American Arms Guardian. They are a little heavier than most "pocket pistols", but I have never had one give me a problem. I have 32 acp, 380, and 32 NAA.

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    I just looked at a LC9s at USDS and it was impressive.. That or a Bersa BP9cc would be my choice.. I have a BP9cc and I'm very pleased with it after 100 or so flawless rounds through it .

[FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=&quot]NRA Life Member[/FONT][FONT=&quot]-- [/FONT][FONT=&quot]GSSF member[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]Ruger MK III, M&P & 1911mechanic [FONT=&quot][/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]NRA Basic pistol instructor[FONT=&quot] –[/FONT] Certified Glock armorer

bingley

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2011
    If you have a 22 LCR then I would probably just get another LCR. I am sure you can buy a boot grip and night sight, or maybe add Crimson Trace. another option would be just to carry the 22. Yes I know not ideal but still a better option then a lot of the little pocket autos.

Hey, Vert, why do you like revolvers better than autos for a pocket gun?

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Hey, Vert, why do you like revolvers better than autos for a pocket gun?

I have a personal bias against pocket autos similar to Yeager hating 1911s. Basically I think they suck. :D I get to work with a lot of novice shooters and see a variety of guns. Little autos just seem to be finicky as it relates to ammo, grip, etc. Small autos have a lot going on and it is my opinion that lock up and timing makes them picky about loads. Short barrels dont take advantage of the cartridges potential (even a 2" snub has the same barrel length of a 3.5" auto.) Light weight gives the gun no mass to reciprocate against so it is all grip/shooter. Many little pocket guns are built to meet a price point (think KelTec or other cheap plastic pistol). Littlegun plus long trigger means hard to shoot. So esentially I think they are a bad choice as BUGs. A BUG is a last ditch gun or to be carried when a person can not carry a gun. Revolvers have their flaws but they get around mny I listed better then an auto. Plus the rounded edges of a revolver carry well in a pocket.

stack23

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 11, 2011
    NWI
    as far as size and comfort it doesn't get any better than the LCP imo

343iwia.png

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    I carried a 642 for many years. I now carry a Kahr CM9. The 642 is a little lighter, but the Kahr carries more rounds and the spare mag is superior to speed strips.

Top Bottom