• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MolonLabe7

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 26, 2013
    Muncie
    I realize there is a thread for posting your favorite online site for purchasing ammunition, but I am looking for sites that have 9mm brass and .223 brass for low prices shipped. Favorite bullet websites, and favorite websites that sell CCI small pistol and small rifle primers. I am looking for the lowest prices possible shipped.
    I just started reloading and use a Lee progressive 1000. Needing to stock up on supplies.

So far I have found that X-treme bullets has the cheapest bullets I can find on the internet, and they offer free shipping.

Let me know what you guys think.

If you guys know of good deals on powder on the net, let me know too... I know primers and powder are going to be more expensive because of the haz mat fee... but i guess ill have to get over it. Thanks for the help

Last edited:
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Mishawaka
    The cost of primers purchased 5,000 at a time and powder a minimum of a 8 pound jug at a time will negate the hazmat fee. Buy in bulk and you'll actually end up cheaper. Just watch buying at Midwayusa cause they won't combine primers and powder together so you end up with two hazmat fees. Mainly the reason I won't buy powder and primers from them.

I'll echo X-treme bullets as they perform very well and the price is reasonable. I normally cast my own lead bullets but also like the plated from time to time.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    I have never been able to have a "one stop" shop for bulk of brass, powder, primers, and bullets at the same time. It was a lot harder before the internet. You trusted paper catalogs and had to make phone calls to check stock. These days most places post current instock (often out of stock) items and you can check 5 or 6 of your favorite suppliers in the time it used to take to make one phone call. The customer service is there, but right now primers are spotty and powder is really hard to find stock. The Hazmat has almost doubled also.

XtremeVel

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Feb 2, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Shop around.... Like already said, there won't be a " one stop " for all your needs.... Also, a place a month ago that might of had the best price might not tomorrow... Save a few places to your favorites and always check and compare...

A few places I always check are MidwayUSA, Graf and Sons, Powder Valley, Natchez, MidSouth, Rocky Mountain Reloading, Dardas Bullets, Missouri Bullets... There are many more I'm sure I'm forgetting....

Sling10mm

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 12, 2012
    Top brass is a source for rifle bullets and once fired military brass...when they have it in stock. I would second MidwayUSA, Powder Valley, Graf and Sons, and Natchez; I've had good luck with each of those, it's just hard to find stuff in stock right now. There was some supply of powder and primers at the last 1500 gun and knife show, but I haven't really seen much at the Muncie show. My father-in-law and I have both used GIBrass as well with no problems.

MolonLabe7

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 26, 2013
    Muncie
    I understand there is no one stop shop... I am wanting one website per item that is known for having deals... Like southernbelle brass for brass... and x-treme bullets for bullets, and midway for powder... and so forth. What has consistently been the lowest price for everyone?

Kirkd

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 22, 2013
    Greenwood
    Grafs
    bullets.com
    powder valley
    midsouth shooting supply

i have had very good service with these companies.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Another +1 for X-treme Bullets. I've had great experiences with them, good quality bullets and good customer service as well. I don't reload, but my buddy does. I buy the bullets and he picks up the rest of the materials. He usually finds better deals picking up the rest locally.

maverick5990

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 25, 2013
    Plainfield
    I understand there is no one stop shop... I am wanting one website per item that is known for having deals... Like southernbelle brass for brass... and x-treme bullets for bullets, and midway for powder... and so forth. What has consistently been the lowest price for everyone?

You're asking for the impossible. In today's market you have to check multiple suppliers to get what you need and that changes daily. My current favorite powder is whatever I can find to buy. I have favorites, but everything depends on who has anything to buy. I prefer CCI primers, but have used Wolf when that was all that was available. If you are looking for specific brands and items, you might wait a long time. You have to find multiple suppliers and buy what you can get when they have it or you might be waiting a long time to get everything together that you need.

bgcatty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Carmel
    Forget the website stores. Go to Profire Arms on Rockville, Rd. on the west side and support a local gun shop that has some of the most knowledgable and friendly people I've ever met in a local gun shop that concentrates on reloading.

Kirkd

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 22, 2013
    Greenwood
    Forget the website stores. Go to Profire Arms on Rockville, Rd. on the west side and support a local gun shop that has some of the most knowledgable and friendly people I've ever met in a local gun shop that concentrates on reloading.

I buy from Andrew there too, as well as Indiana Gun Club, and the Outdoorsman sports store. But, even they can't get everything that I need and I have to venture online. Have been lucky to be able to get powder/primers locally and have avoided the hazmat charges.

TWEAKD4

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 31, 2012
    NE Indiana
    I have a question to tag this thread. What does everyone think is a good price per round or case for 9mm bullets, primers, and powder? I am considering reloading as well but when I search I can't tell what is a great deal or just ok with the market today.

MolonLabe7

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 26, 2013
    Muncie
    I have a question to tag this thread. What does everyone think is a good price per round or case for 9mm bullets, primers, and powder? I am considering reloading as well but when I search I can't tell what is a great deal or just ok with the market today.

I have found that extreme bullets price of roughly $42 per 500 bullets is a good deal. They offer free shipping on all purchases and if you like their facebook page, they often post 10% off coupons.

I have recently found primers for $27 per 1,000, but I have to cover a hasmat fee while shipping. At the shipshe gun show I could have picked up CCI primers for around $30-$35 for 1,000 primers which is a decent deal.

Powder varies quite a bit. I purchased 1 pound of red dot powder from a gun show for $15. I have seen 8 pound containers go for around $110-$125 and higher depending on brand...

Brass can be purchased many different ways. Some people go to indoor shooting ranges and offer to clean the floors of brass as long as they can keep it. Some people on INGO sell brass, its on amazon, ebay, etc.... I found 1,000 9mm brass for $35 + shipping fees. Seems to be a fair price from what I can find online.

Hope this helps.

ljk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    May 21, 2013
    Pistol caliber plated bullets: X-treme and RMR
    223 fmj bullets: Midsouth Shooter Supply
    Brass: I normally pickup my own but I've bought pistol brass from Kimbo@ Bobcat steel and 300BLK from a guy in Tx.
    Powder: IN Gun Club
    Primers: Indy1500

I'm still having trouble finding cheap 308 bullets for plinking.

MolonLabe7

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 26, 2013
    Muncie
    Pistol caliber plated bullets: X-treme and RMR
    223 fmj bullets: Midsouth Shooter Supply
    Brass: I normally pickup my own but I've bought pistol brass from Kimbo@ Bobcat steel and 300BLK from a guy in Tx.
    Powder: IN Gun Club
    Primers: Indy1500

I'm still having trouble finding cheap 308 bullets for plinking.

I believe this might be the solution to your 308 problems.

Top Bottom