• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tyler34

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    bloomington
    I'm in the process of testing subsonic ammo for my suppressor and wondered what you guys like in that flavor. so far my favorite is the aguila super extra subsonics.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    I like CCI's segmented HPs, copper-washed. I used some Remington stuff yesterday, though, that worked OK, Had a few FTFeeds, though. Not had that with the CCI stuff, I just can't find the CCI anywhere. :dunno:

Mr.JAG

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Aug 26, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    I like CCI's segmented HPs, copper-washed. I used some Remington stuff yesterday, though, that worked OK, Had a few FTFeeds, though. Not had that with the CCI stuff, I just can't find the CCI anywhere. :dunno:

I know it's not a popular place around here, but Gander Mountain on 86th had tons of CCI Sub Sonic on the shelf last week. Same price as their mini-mags per 100. $6 bucks and change.

grimor

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2010
    Elkhart
    I'd be careful, I was once informed that owning subsonic rounds "isn't normal" and they are "only used to kill people" WHO ARE YOU TRYING TO KILL!?!?!?

hotrodtba

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jun 4, 2008
    Ossian
    I prefer the CCI Subsonics. I also like the CCI CB Longs for stupid quiet shots out of the bolt gun.

I personally didn't care for the Aguila subsonics.

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    364   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    Unlike most, I have not had good luck with either Aguila or RWS. Shot some Aguila a couple weeks ago and it would not cycle a 10/22 nor a S&W 2213. Hands down the best, most accurate I have shop was PMC Moderator which is no longer made.

Kelzo

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 31, 2009
    I have used Aguila Super Colibri. I do believe it says on the box not for use in rifles.

8th SPS USAF

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 8, 2011
    Hobart , In
    Subsonic 22

I just picked up my 22 suppressor Sunday and took it out to the club.
    Reminington subsonic 22 would not cycle either Sig 220 22 conv
    or 10/22 with the suppressor. CCI Standard worked over 99% of the time
    with both. Tried it on a Sig Mos with test suppressor like mine, the Remington and CCI worked fine. Remington was louder. Plus CCI SV is about $1.25 a box cheaper.

Claddagh

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 21, 2008
    Don't own a supressor and only use stuff like CCI CB Longs in manual action firearms. Aguila does advice against using their "Colibri" stuff in longarms, so I don't buy them. The CCI's hit a bunch harder and are quiet enough from a rifle/carbine that dispatching 'possums rummaging in the garbage or stealing pet food doesn't alarm the neighbors.

My favorite "full-power" subsonic RF round so far are the PMC "Moderators" (38 gr. HP). Very accurate and drops squirrels/rabbits with authority. Its subdued report from a rifle doesn't seem to spook the other game nearly as much or for as long as HS/HV RF loads do, too.

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    364   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    Aguila does advice against using their "Colibri" stuff in longarms, so I don't buy them.

I think that is what the super colibri are for. Enough oomph to get out of a long barrel.

My favorite "full-power" subsonic RF round so far are the PMC "Moderators" (38 gr. HP).

+1,000,000. They discontinued these right before I discovered them. I am down to about eight boxes. :(

6birds

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 15, 2008
    Fishers
    Eley Sub-Sonic. It's coated with a dry lube, runs clean in semi-auto's, and very consistant velocities (great accuracy in warm or bitter cold weather).

Squirrel Dog

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2010
    I have only shot subs hunting for years now and I like SK Jagd hollowpoint subsonics the best of all. Eley, RWS and CCI subsonics were OK. Moderator and Aguila Super SE extra subsonic weren't bad for cheap rounds.

IndianaGTI

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   1
    May 2, 2010
    I prefer the CCI Standard Velocity. It is 1070 fps while the subsonic is 1050 fps. I have never had a cycling issue with it.

ANeat

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2011
    SW Ohio
    Most if not all of the target 22 stuff is subsonic. My guns always liked the CCI standard velocity.

The Aguilla I tried was a little less powerfull as in the gun wouldnt cycle as well as with the CCI standard.

22 ammo is real finicky and one gun can favor one type of ammo. By a few 50 round boxes and see what your gun likes

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JJSHOOTS
    Top Bottom