• ...and so much more!
  • PappyD

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 24, 2008
    Westfield
    OK,

So I'm sitting here slurping on my 3rd Leinenkugel's Summer Shandy in 20 minutes and thinking this brew could be my new favorite. These beers are just slidin' down!

Spent the day in my backyard running tree branches through a big rental chipper. Had my boys helping too. Told them this is "hillbilly pruning"- all done with a chain saw.

Anyway, the brew is ice cold and has that light, lemon taste. Not too heavy, and with an alcohol content of only 4.2% I can have more than a couple and not get in trouble or have to hand my keys to someone. Not as fruity as a Blue Moon either.

I do like ALL the craft beers. Pale ales, brown ales, pilsners, porters, and stouts too. And on occasion I have bought some Keystone Light. :rolleyes:

What's your favorite?

Pappy

Caleb

Making whiskey, one batch at a time!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    I like the german wheat they have at oden barrel in greenwood, but I think that's a fall time beer though...

jetmechG550

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    Sierra Nevada Summer Fest is nice crisp lager. It changes every year (slightly) but the 2012 brew should be hitting the shelves soon, I saw it already out on the west coast this week. Goose Island Summertime (Kolsch) should be out soon too. Anchor Brewery has a nice summer beer but it's hard to find around here. But a really nice summertime treat is from Buffalo Bill's Brewery called Orange Blossom. It's almost like drinking a light orange soda but with the finish of a cream ale. I'm going to view a clone soon.

rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers
    Bit of a threadjack, but the 2012 World Beer Cup judging finished 10 minutes ago and Indiana breweries won a total of 8 medals - so 8 of the world's best beers this year are brewed somewhere in your neck of the woods and may just end up being your new favorite summer beer!

For the record (excluding ours), I'll probably be drinking some Belgian Red from New Glarus this summer...

Last edited:

INyooper

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 19, 2009
    North Central IN
    Summer Shandy, Mic Ultra Cactus/Lime (I call it a "beer cooler"), but I still like Killians, Fat Tire, Red Stripe ...they're all good! FWIW, I had some
    Summer Shandy today as well. :yesway:

96firephoenix

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 15, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    Am I the only one who doesn't like summer shandy?

I prefer a nice killians after a day like today.

Whats really good (and cheaper than LSS) is getting a cheap american lager (budweiser, Miller, Coors) and mixing it 50/50 with plain old lemonade. Found that one out last summer helping a buddy out... open keg and lemonade... I think it was coors light that I used.

Regulus

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2011
    Summer Shandy is good stuff! :rockwoot:

I drink a lot of Shiner Bock though... Any time of year

I could not agree more. After getting burned out on Fat Tire I started drinking Shiner Bock, it is my favorite beer, but on nice spring and summer days Shandy is very refreshing.

PappyD

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 24, 2008
    Westfield
    fun stuff

Sierra Nevada Summer Fest is nice crisp lager. It changes every year (slightly) but the 2012 brew should be hitting the shelves soon, I saw it already out on the west coast this week. Goose Island Summertime (Kolsch) should be out soon too. Anchor Brewery has a nice summer beer but it's hard to find around here. But a really nice summertime treat is from Buffalo Bill's Brewery called Orange Blossom. It's almost like drinking a light orange soda but with the finish of a cream ale. I'm going to view a clone soon.

Am I the only one who doesn't like summer shandy?

I prefer a nice killians after a day like today.

Whats really good (and cheaper than LSS) is getting a cheap american lager (budweiser, Miller, Coors) and mixing it 50/50 with plain old lemonade. Found that one out last summer helping a buddy out... open keg and lemonade... I think it was coors light that I used.

"Orange Blossom"- Yes! I have tried that. I may have to revisit that brew. My wife liked it too. As I remember, I had the OB after a number of killer pale ales (think high alcohol %)...:D

Mixing in your own lemonade? Hmm, I may have to try that...Appeals to my normally frugal self (wife inserts "cheap ba$tard")

Ultimate summer beer?=Keystone Light and a splash of generic lemonade!

Top Bottom