• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • thompal

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Beech Grove
    I'm betting the only person actually talking about killing cops turns out to be the fed informant. Holder DOJ has a habit of such raids, based up on such "evidence," at convenient times.

Yep, during a lot of the protests during the 60's and early 70's, you could always tell the FBI agents because they were the ones throwing bricks and burning down buildings.

thompal

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Beech Grove
    This whole case will likely be based on conspiracy. It's a favourite of the feds. Has been for decades.

Heck yeah. The government doesn't have to prove that anyone committed any crime, they only have to prove that you TALKED about it.

I like how one of the charges was "possession of a firearm during the commission of a violent crime," but the "violent crime" is actually only talking about it.

thompal

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Beech Grove
    Savage Eagle, Im not applauding them. if all it is is because someone talked then I think the Hutaree are getting the shaft... If they seriously sold a pipe bomb then they got what they deserved... Im just commenting on the Idea of a conspiracy charge and how dumb it is... Doesnt conspiracy only amount to probation and a fine?

In many cases, due to the "War on Crime," and various "zero tolerance" initiatives, conspiracy is considered legally just as bad as the actual commission of the crime.

There was a case about 20 years ago of two guys in southern Indiana who had TALKED ABOUT growing marijuana to sell. They talked about it while they were in one guy's house, and he had a firearm in his closet in another room. They talked about how they could grow and sell marijuana every year and make a lot of money. They never did, however, grow any actual marijuana.

Well, his buddy got arrested for something, and while trying to cut a deal, agreed to be wired and talk to his friend some more about growing and selling marijuana.

The end result? Since they talked about growing and selling what potentially could have been a lot of marijuana, it put them in a different class of charges. Since the guy had a firearm in the closet of his house while they talked, he was "in posession of a firearm during the commission of a drug crime," which added mandatory sentencing for each time they talked. He ended up getting sentenced to life in federal prison with no chance for parole. I think he appealed, but I don't know the outcome. I'll have to see if I can find any info on that case.

Remember: THEY DID NOT GROW OR SELL ANY MARIJUANA!!

IrishSon of Liberty

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    UPDATE

Current standoff in Michigan....

FBI targets Hillsdale trailer in Christian militia probe | detnews.com | The Detroit News

The FBI has surrounded a trailer in Hillsdale County as part of its ongoing investigation into an alleged Christian militia group , according to a pastor whose church is being used by federal and state officials as a staging area.
    "This is connected with the bust they had in Lenawee County," said Pastor Clyde Wonders of the Wheatland Church in Pittsford. "They've got a camper-trailer surrounded. They started moving in last night after our church service, around 9:15. They were moving in all day, although they haven't gone in there yet."
    Special Agent Sandra Berchtold, a spokeswoman for the FBI in Detroit, confirmed late Monday afternoon that the agency is investigating something in Hillsdale County, but declined further details.

From The Detroit News: http://www.detnews.com/article/20100329/METRO/3290420/FBI-targets-Hillsdale-trailer-in-Christian-militia-probe#ixzz0jbfOt4GF

Hemingway

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 30, 2009
    Indiana
    Not sure I am not in a militia yet. Here is a vid that gives some minor details.
    YouTube - Bunker Report 3/28/10 Alert !!

That was some good stuff, right there. "Call this a yellow alert, a red alert, whatever. Just make sure you have your rifle ready." You could almost here the statewide audible cry going up from the mullets that they can finally put all that molle gear the spent the kid's dental money on to good use.

"Momma, this might be the end of it--save the last bullet for yourself. And where's my FRIGGIN BLOOD TYPE PATCH! Everybody else is gonna have theirs!"

3 hours later...

"Damn, boys, Kroger called, I'm late for my shift. You guys refresh the tree of liberty for me, ya hear? I gotta go stock the frozen veggie section. Hell no, Earl, you can't have my Crye ball cap. You know how much this crap costs!"

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    What exactly occurs when a militia "mobilizes"?

I most cases, it involves getting off the couch to get more hot wings or, in the case of militias of rural Michigan, stepping away from their computer and climbing their mom's basement stairway. It's not easy (nor pretty).

mk2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    North Carolina
    Not sure I am not in a militia yet. Here is a vid that gives some minor details.
    YouTube - Bunker Report 3/28/10 Alert !!

FYI - according to the Indiana Code (IC 10-16-6-2), you are a member of the militia.

IC 10-16-6-2
    Classes of militia
    Sec. 2. The militia shall be divided into two (2) classes, the sedentary militia and the national guard, as follows:
    (1) The sedentary militia consists of all persons subject to bear arms under the Constitution of the State of Indiana who do not belong to the national guard.

From the Indiana Constitution

Section 1. A militia shall be provided and shall consist of all persons over the age of seventeen (17) years, except those persons who may be exempted by the laws of the United States or of this state.

But, yeah, I know what you meant about not being active in a more organized militia. Just thought I'd toss this out there anyway.

:hijack:
    There are, supposedly 22 pages (as of when I started this) on this thread. I get to page 21, try to click 22, and get 21 reloaded.

/:hijack:

Edit: and once I post this, I get to 22. Weird.

We've been having the same troubles over on the status update thread. I don't think it's necessarily the feds. I think its just a software glitch, like somebody else suggested.

wtfd661

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    North East Indiana
    To incite such a war, the group planned to murder law enforcement officials and then follow up their initial attacks with a separate attack on the fallen officers' funeral(s), where a large number of law enforcement personnel would no doubt be gathered.

Sorry they can kiss my :moon:, I hope they get real close and friendly with their new cellmates in prison. Planning, and preparing to murder my fellow brothers and sisters is a lot different than "talking" about something. Their first amendment rights end when they start planning my murder.

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    It's not suprising. If they claim to be Christian, then they get raided. If it's of another relegion, well they have rights. Now it it was a bunch of Muslims, then nothing would happen. :dunno:

:popcorn:

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Well for all you people who are taking this indictment as gospel and believing every word is true, then when they come for you calling you a murderer and conspiring to overthrow the government, we'll make sure to believe them too and wish you and bubba all the best. :rolleyes:

CB45

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Seems like one should try get the whole story here... something seems shady. I don't understand the law I guess. Where's the proof of any wrongdoing? I think the media is doing a poor job of informing the public of what the evidence is. All I read is hearsay and speculation...

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    They may or may not find pipe bomb materials.

1) Everyone and their mom has a mzzle loader up there.
    2) They do have pipes about the place for plumbing and such. After all it's Michigan, not Cambodia.
    3) ... I guess that's it, really.

Maybe those two things will be enough for intent.

It's only a media trophy for the feds anyway.

6birds

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 15, 2008
    Fishers
    I think the media is doing a poor job of informing the public of what the evidence is. All I read is hearsay and speculation...

230+ posts of crap, and you sir, nailed it! Thanks for that.

No one knows what is going on, you can't trust the media or the "news releases" from the agencies.

Wow, really glad i have a job and a life off of here.

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    230+ posts of crap, and you sir, nailed it! Thanks for that.

No one knows what is going on, you can't trust the media or the "news releases" from the agencies.

Wow, really glad i have a job and a life off of here.

Yes, you are so far above all here, with this amazing life you have. But yet you have time to read 230 posts, and not time to form a response that might enlighten or inform.

public servant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Sorry they can kiss my :moon:, I hope they get real close and friendly with their new cellmates in prison. Planning, and preparing to murder my fellow brothers and sisters is a lot different than "talking" about something. Their first amendment rights end when they start planning my murder.
    :+1: If that is indeed what their plans were.

Well for all you people who are taking this indictment as gospel and believing every word is true, then when they come for you calling you a murderer and conspiring to overthrow the government, we'll make sure to believe them too and wish you and bubba all the best. :rolleyes:
    I'm withholding judgment until I know more. While I believe very little I read or see in the media and don't trust our elected leaders to tell us everything...I'm also not naive enough to believe there are not people who would plan such activities.

Top Bottom