[/IMG]

Last edited:

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    My sons go there. Someone posted a message in an app they use on chrome books that said “i’m Going to kill you.” “You go to center grove elementary”

Very real and very unsettling for the kids there. This is after a previous report of writings in the bathroom about an assault coming. I’m glad they called FBI and it was figured out that quickly

same day an officer was struck while directing traffic. He was bounced onto the hood of a car turning. Fortunately he’s OK. Reflective vest, light sticks, car lights on, WHAM :facepalm:.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    So postings from elementary school students get more of a response from the FBI than expelled HS student?

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Still seems like a local issue and not something the feds need a hand in, but hey, glad it was taken care of.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    If it is sent through the internet (and nowadays, what isn't) the Feds seem to want to make sure they have a role.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I wonder if they're thinking they'd better start paying closer attention to such things after Parkland...

I'm sure. Now every angsty teen, or apparently pre-teen, will be an APE* case. And of course they all make the news, now. So, I wonder if the threats were from a student, which would mean 11 years old or younger. This seems like maybe something for the parents to deal with (and the school via suspension/expulsion)...but APE. Arrests? Now if it's a high school kid threatening the elementary, ok, different story.

*A Political Emergency

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    same day an officer was struck while directing traffic. He was bounced onto the hood of a car turning. Fortunately he’s OK. Reflective vest, light sticks, car lights on, WHAM :facepalm:.

He goes to MPCC with us. Broken Sternum, fractured vertebrae, small fractures in his arm, and a concussion. Long road of recovery ahead.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I'm sure. Now every angsty teen, or apparently pre-teen, will be an APE* case. And of course they all make the news, now. So, I wonder if the threats were from a student, which would mean 11 years old or younger. This seems like maybe something for the parents to deal with (and the school via suspension/expulsion)...but APE. Arrests? Now if it's a high school kid threatening the elementary, ok, different story.

*A Political Emergency

I wonder if there truly is an uptick in these kinds of threats after an incident like Florida, Sandy Hook, et al, or if it's just more likely to hit the news? Maybe a little of both (copy cats (whether just for attention or something more nefarious) AND a hypersensitive media)?

Gabriel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    The shore of wonderful Lake Michigan
    Have they mentioned how the driver managed to not see him? Distracted driving?

It would actually be easy if it happened at night and the driver couldn't see past the emergency lights.

I wonder if there truly is an uptick in these kinds of threats after an incident like Florida, Sandy Hook, et al, or if it's just more likely to hit the news? Maybe a little of both (copy cats (whether just for attention or something more nefarious) AND a hypersensitive media)?

We've had as few since then, plus a bomb threat last week.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012

I think there is an uptick BECAUSE it's hitting the news. It's no secret kids will act out to get attention. How much more attention can you get?

Top Bottom