• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hemingway

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 30, 2009
    Indiana
    The article should end, "The FBI then holstered their weapons and got out their checkbook."

Guarantee there's a five-figure settlement coming from this. Maybe I'll be mistaken for a dope dealer one day in a raid :)

radonc73

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2010
    Lowell
    I am sure this is an isolated incident, I mean a drug dealer lived there at some point so what did the owner expect? Don't buy houses drug dealers lived in and you will be OK.

40calPUNISHER

Master
    Rating - 99.1%
    116   1   0
    Apr 23, 2008
    I am sure this is an isolated incident, I mean a drug dealer lived there at some point so what did the owner expect? Don't buy houses drug dealers lived in and you will be OK.

Explain how one is to know they are buying a house that drug dealers have lived in at some point in the past.

CindyE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    north/central IN
    I once bought a used car from a lot in town, and later heard that it had belonged to a drug dealer. I did find "something" in there while doing a good interior cleaning. ;)

Westside

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Monitor World
    but they didn't actually handcuff him So They did nothing wrong.

They then got a new warrant and went across the street and arrested the correct person. I PROMISE that rarely happens. (and no it's not supposed to be in purple)

nawainwright

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2009
    New Hampshire
    Heck it was ONLY the Federal Bureau of Investigation! Its not like their name implies that they actually do investigating. Tough stuff, you know, like checking with the Post Office for updated addresses. Heck its tough, the credit card companies take 3 weeks to figure out I have a new address. The FBI only had a few months.

SideArmed

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 22, 2011
    Why in the holy hell would anyone raid a house where someone "used" to live? The ONLY reason I could see that happening is if it was a rental. There are records of each time a house sells. hell I can look up just about any county in Indiana and see every real estate transaction that has happened in the last at least 10 years or more.
    Ore you to tell me that the FBI for some reason doesn't have access to that information?

Glad it all ended well, but ****! there is no excuse for raiding the wrong house. Do your homework people, then double check it.

CindyE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    north/central IN
    I once bought a used car from a lot in town, and later heard that it had belonged to a drug dealer. I did find "something" in there while doing a good interior cleaning. ;)

Ash

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 15, 2010
    Bartholomew County
    Why in the holy hell would anyone raid a house where someone "used" to live? The ONLY reason I could see that happening is if it was a rental. There are records of each time a house sells. hell I can look up just about any county in Indiana and see every real estate transaction that has happened in the last at least 10 years or more.
    Ore you to tell me that the FBI for some reason doesn't have access to that information?

Glad it all ended well, but ****! there is no excuse for raiding the wrong house. Do your homework people, then double check it.

Not a raid. But a few years ago, my neighbor (who lives behind me) told me a couple of police officers entered my side gate and proceded to pound on my back door...yelling for so-and-so to come out. I was at work at the time.
    They were looking for the former owner. ( I had already owned the house and lived there for over 2 years.) It's not like I even knew the guy. I met him once...at the signing/closing. I am glad they stopped at that though. At least they didn't break in and shoot my dog.
    I filed a complaint that evening. Later I found that the guy they were looking for was wanted for some drug related....things.

Sigasaurus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    111   0   0
    Apr 6, 2011
    Plainfield
    My question is if the drug dealer lived across the street why the he** did he just sit there with all the commotion? I personally would have shagged out asap.

armedindy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    so is it the criminals fault or the fbi's....will i ever be mistaken for a drug dealer because i rented an apt one used to live in, i hope not that would kinda ruin my day...

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Why do we tolerate Federal agents performing no knock raids to confiscate plants?

Even if they have the right house??

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    You know how the media calls all firearms "assault weapons?" Well apparently, they call all LE interactions "raids."

This was warrant was not served "no knock," and the team never entered the home, nor was the homeowner ever cuffed.

sorry the spoil the fun. The only issue here is bad intel

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Not a raid. But a few years ago, my neighbor (who lives behind me) told me a couple of police officers entered my side gate and proceded to pound on my back door...yelling for so-and-so to come out. I was at work at the time.
    They were looking for the former owner. ( I had already owned the house and lived there for over 2 years.) It's not like I even knew the guy. I met him once...at the signing/closing. I am glad they stopped at that though. At least they didn't break in and shoot my dog.
    I filed a complaint that evening. Later I found that the guy they were looking for was wanted for some drug related....things.

You filed a complaint because police officers knocked on your door, and yelled for someone to come out?

SideArmed

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 22, 2011
    You know how the media calls all firearms "assault weapons?" Well apparently, they call all LE interactions "raids."

This was warrant was not served "no knock," and the team never entered the home, nor was the homeowner ever cuffed.

sorry the spoil the fun. The only issue here is bad intel

While I will agree that this was not a "no knock" situation, and that the police never in fact entered the residence, there does seem to be some evidence out there (quotes from the home owner) that the police removed him from his home at gun point and were in the process of placing him under arrest, when they realized they had the wrong address.

But either way they should have had the right address, or at least known that the suspect no longer lived at that address, as it had been sold, no excuse for that. It took me all of one google search to find where to look up property tax records for that county.

Mr. Habib

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Somewhere else
    The pizza delivery guy can find the correct house in 30 minutes. I would expect the FBI to get it right in a month. At least they didn't shoot him 27 times and stand around for an hour until he bleed to death.

Top Bottom