• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 23, 2009
    Brainardland
    I've posted this here before but a reminder is in order.

When I had my unfortunate dustup with Carmel PD for NOT shooting my next door neighbor's dogs the prosecutor had a thick printout of every one of my posts from INGO on his table.

He tried to use them to portray me to the judge as a subversive whackjob. The judge was as unimpressed with that as he was with the arresting officer's perjured testimony.

It could very well have gone the other way.

We are NOT alone here.

MTC

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    How often they are here? Daily.

It's not just the FBI. Some of them are here unofficially but the gun nut board duty is pretty boring.
    Gun nut bored? Maybe we can spice it up with a few jokes.

Those two would have surprised me greatly. I do miss their posts here though.
    I miss JW, but NHV was very annoying to me. No, not so much the white supremacist undercurrent, the "brother" this and "brother" that, or the going to great lengths to be a (presumably) more "accurate" bigot. No, if there's one thing I can't stand it's (was) his absolutely horrible German, both in his posts and sigline(s). You thought English nazis were bad, how about real live German grammar Polizei. :bash::bat:

(semi-serious note: Shouldn't criticise too much. Mine's kinda rusty. A few mistakes here and there can be overlooked, but one should at least make an attempt to get it right - especially the basics.)
    Remember you can just have Agent Schmuckatelli check INGO for an hour or so each day.
    :): Yiddish-Italian? Hey, now. Whaddaya got against hyphenated Americans spying on you?

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008

Aren't the hallmarks of a fed plant race and violence against the federal government? NHV was always trying to stir the race pot. JW was very descriptive in his hate of federal agents.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    NHV was very annoying to me. No, not so much the white supremacist undercurrent, the "brother" this and "brother" that, or the going to great lengths to be a (presumably) more "accurate" bigot. No, if there's one thing I can't stand it's (was) his absolutely horrible German, both in his posts and sigline(s). You thought English nazis were bad, how about real live German grammar Polizei. :bash::bat:

I guess I should have made it more clear that I did not approve of his racism (I told him I would pray about him getting past that, and I have). I had never run across a real pagan before and found some of his posts on that quite interesting. I didn't ever suspect people like that still existed.

MTC

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    I guess I should have made it more clear that I did not approve of his racism (I told him I would pray about him getting past that, and I have). I had never run across a real pagan before and found some of his posts on that quite interesting. I didn't ever suspect people like that still existed.
    You're great. You're fine. Agree that links are useful in one way or another. No need to clarify or explain anything. Your post, like Kirk's and others, was just a lead-in to my (poor) attempt at humor. That's all.

(Looks like I best not be quittin' that day job any time soon. The good news is, from this distance, at least I don't get pelted with rotten vegetables for bad jokes.) ;)

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville

NHV was always entertaining. JW just seemed like a really miserably angry man.

You're great. You're fine. Agree that links are useful in one way or another. No need to clarify or explain anything. Your post, like Kirk's and others, was just a lead-in to my (poor) attempt at humor. That's all.

(Looks like I best not be quittin' that day job any time soon. The good news is, from this distance, at least I don't get pelted with rotten vegetables for bad jokes.) ;)

From one grammar nazi to another then, I got a chuckle out of it.

And it's too early for rotten vegetables. Wait until September. I should have a basketful of nicely over-ripe tomatoes for tossing.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    They have been spying on "persons of interest" since at least the Richard Nixon days. Nothing new, just that the internet makes doing the job a lot easier.

:tinfoil:

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    They have been spying on "persons of interest" since at least the Richard Nixon days. Nothing new, just that the internet makes doing the job a lot easier.

:tinfoil:

True, but in a world full of credible threats, does it just fill your heart with that warm, fuzzy feeling to know they are tracking people like us?

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    I really don't pay attention to it. No reason to if your not doing anything wrong.

I will agree with two reservations:

1. Who is to say that they cannot manufacture wrong out of something that isn't? After all, this is done daily.

2. Who is to say that what is right, proper, legal, and according to Marquis of Queensbury rules today will not become retroactively illegalized de facto or de jure tomorrow?

ericb

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Do they monitor all gun or gun related boards? Is their noting beter to do with government funding?

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Do they monitor all gun or gun related boards? Is their noting beter to do with government funding?

Yes they do. If you post anything here, always remember that they are watching and assume that they are getting most of the jokes.

HeadlessRoland

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 8, 2011
    In the dark
    I really think it's disingenuous to claim that a VPN tunnel does anything other than annoy the national surveillance industries, particularly the NSA - if not the FBI. Even if the FBI is thwarted merely by end-user IP/MAC swaps, the NSA most certainly is not, and they grow closer to total information awareness with each passing day. So to claim that somehow tunneling your traffic will do anything towards keeping you or your activities on these vast intarwobs concealed is very much a lie, if an unintentional one.

CIA Chief: We'll Spy on You Through Your Dishwasher | Danger Room | Wired.com

The NSA Is Building the Country's Biggest Spy Center (Watch What You Say) | Threat Level | Wired.com

Top Bottom