Feast of the Hunter's Moon: Anyone ever go??

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    Ever since I was at Purdue, Ive always wanted to attend this, but never have.

Has anyone ever gone? Is it worth going to? what is there to do and see? etc etc

thanks,
    clay

Cru

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2010
    Noblesville, IN
    I went when I was in 3rd grade, and that was.... well, it was a long time ago.

From what I remember it was interesting, but again, I was 10.

Armed & Christian

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 19, 2009
    MSG2 S.E. INDY
    I've never been, but a couple years running I filled in to preach at a church so the pastor and about 75% of the congregation could attend.

At one time, the pastor tried to get me to move up to Lafayette and take over the church. His biggest selling point was that there was an indoor pistol range in the church's basement.

Cru

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2010
    Noblesville, IN
    I've never been, but a couple years running I filled in to preach at a church so the pastor and about 75% of the congregation could attend.

At one time, the pastor tried to get me to move up to Lafayette and take over the church. His biggest selling point was that there was an indoor pistol range in the church's basement.

I'd go to that church!

On that note, I only carried my LCP with me to church this morning as I was attending a church I'd only been to a couple times and didn't want to freak anybody out.

(end thread jack)

Hammerhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2010
    Bartholomew County
    Sorry for the bump...

It's been a few years, but yes, I've been to Feast. It's a cross between Conner Prairie and a colonial/Scottish/Pioneer festival. There's costumes and camping, military reenactments, stuff for sale, and food.

Park in the designated parking in town and take the bus. I highly suggest not driving out and parking out by Fort O. The weekend Feast happens is notorious for raining and people getting bogged in.

Indy317

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 27, 2008
    I also have always wanted to go, but never made it up. My parents have went a few times, and they say it is pretty enjoyable. If you do decide to head up that way, check out Wolf Park which isn't too far away. It is basically a wolf sanctuary and is a pretty neat place. On certain weekends they have wolf/bison interaction days. The field they are in is pretty big, and because of how the wolves are raised, and that there are only two, they have never killed a bison. When we went, the two wolves stalked a baby bison who was somewhat away from his/her mother. Well, the wolves, even though they are hand raised, immediately began to get into position to attack. The mother bison then noticed this and charged. The wolves ran way far away, likely to a place where they could catch field mice or something. The people that work there talk about wolves, what they do, etc.. Pretty neat.

Grizhicks

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    New Palestine
    We go about ever 3 or 4 years; normally park at Purdue & ride the bus over (always on an away game weekend). It's a pre-Revolutionary War fur traders/indians rendezvous; lots of food, crafts and some guns (if you like flint-locks). Worth the drive up from Indy, and great way to spend a day. -- Greg

schafe

Master
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Monroe Co.
    When I was in college, in the early 70's, I had a basement apartment on South River Road in W. Lafayette, the road on which Fort Ouiatenon resides. When the feast was on, the road was fully clogged with cars the entire time. I had to stay in the apartment till the feast was over, because I couldn't get out!

It's a popular attraction, but I would go visit the site at other times, trying to learn of its history. Of course the French-Indian war reenactmets weren't going on, but the place was very peaceful at other times. That was a loooong time ago, though. ;)

Top Bottom