Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    Vivian is not a morning person so be gentle when signing in. If she gets fired up early we will all pay a price.

Kane406

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 6, 2013
    Speedway
    I don't know if others noticed, but there was an amazing turn-around time with these classifiers.
    Scores were posted shortly after the match on Sunday, fees were paid on Monday, and the classifiers
    were processed with the update on Tuesday.

7920drew

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jul 17, 2014
    Lafayette, IN
    I don't know if others noticed, but there was an amazing turn-around time with these classifiers.
    Scores were posted shortly after the match on Sunday, fees were paid on Monday, and the classifiers
    were processed with the update on Tuesday.

I definitely did. That was awesome

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    Practiscore has changed a lot. But the new President running USPSA has changed a ton of things at the home office for the better.

7920drew

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jul 17, 2014
    Lafayette, IN
    A friend of mine was active in USPSA / IPSC in the 90s before kids. Finally I got him back out last year and his mind was blown with being able to pull up match results on the ride home.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    A friend of mine was active in USPSA / IPSC in the 90s before kids. Finally I got him back out last year and his mind was blown with being able to pull up match results on the ride home.

I shot with him a few times back then.

The regulars here are tired of my "in the old days" stories, but it really is a lot different. Club matches were 3 stages, very few props or wall sections were ever used, and scores came in the USPS mail. And we only had two divisions (Open & Limited). When EZ Score debuted for MS-DOS, it was very helpful. Before that, you had to use a calculator and pencil unless you used a spreadsheet on your computer. Scores usually hit the mailbox about a month after the match. For WVPPS, we did a newsletter each month and the scores were a part of it.

Bosshoss

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 11, 2009
    MADISON
    The regulars here are tired of my "in the old days" stories, but it really is a lot different. Club matches were 3 stages, very few props or wall sections were ever used, and scores came in the USPS mail. And we only had two divisions (Open & Limited). When EZ Score debuted for MS-DOS, it was very helpful. Before that, you had to use a calculator and pencil unless you used a spreadsheet on your computer. Scores usually hit the mailbox about a month after the match. For WVPPS, we did a newsletter each month and the scores were a part of it.

Ahh the good old days huh Joe.
    I still shudder thinking about making copies and folding and stapling and putting on address labels and stamps every month for every shooter.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Ahh the good old days huh Joe.
    I still shudder thinking about making copies and folding and stapling and putting on address labels and stamps every month for every shooter.

Indeed! I still remember trying different labels and stickers to close the newsletters so they would go through the USPS undamaged. The clear plastic worked the best. I was a GM newsletter and paper scores guy, D-class shooter!

I'm still a little disappointed that I was never asked to join Team Turtle!

:)

Life goals. To be hated by the Rhino

Another good thing about the old days: no downrange72!

Top Bottom