• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • zippy23

Master
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    May 20, 2012
    Noblesville
    Liberalism is the same throughout history, there is no difference today as was 100, or 200 or 500 years ago, its evil, its power hungry, its money hungry, its the same today. They own education, they own the media, there is no way we have a chance other than fighting. its gonna be real nasty, there was a book thats been published over the years that predicts this, its a real popular book, i dunno what its called but it begins with a B and ends in "ible". weird but who knows!

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    Alot of fear was going on back in those days.....didn't FDR say.."We have nothing to fear but fear its self." Doesn't look like he lived by his own words....but then again most politicians don't.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Alot of fear was going on back in those days.....didn't FDR say.."We have nothing to fear but fear its self." Doesn't look like he lived by his own words....but then again most politicians don't.

Back in those days? There are those who wanted to round up all Muslims in the US and put them in camps after 9/11. There are still those who would like to.

Grunt

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    The libs also detained German-Americans in World War I. The libtards great heroes are Franklin Roosevelt and Woodrow Wilson; the only presidents to round up large groups of Americans and place them in prisons, one group because of the color of their skin.

Bathhouse Barry would not hesitate to do this as well.

Lex Concord

Not so well-known member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Morgan County
    The libs also detained German-Americans in World War I. The libtards great heroes are Franklin Roosevelt and Woodrow Wilson; the only presidents to round up large groups of Americans and place them in prisons, one group because of the color of their skin.

Not the only ones.

Super Bee

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Fort Wayne

:dunno: Lincoln. . . .

Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    Good grief, people.

You don't grasp the idea that you can't always defend democracy by practicing it?

THERE IS DOCUMENTED PROOF OF JAPANESE "AMERICANS' LIVING IN HAWAII ON DEC 7 1941 WHO TOOK UP ARMS AGAINST THE US ON THAT DAY.

Drive through some hispanic neighborhoods that fly the Mexican flag and root for Mexico against the US Team some time. You think it misguided to be concerned about them if Mexico should invade the southern US? How many Hispanics would be loyal to the US in such a case? Hmm?

The idea that there is a moral parallel between the detainment of Japanese Americans and the roundup of the Jews by Hitler is repugnant. Sure, they were both rounded up because of their race.

But there's all the difference in the world between rounding up a group of people because of a *documented* disloyalty (i.e.-- treason) and rounding up people just because you think their race is inferior.

It's also rather telling that the US took people it suspected might be treasonous (indeed, some of them were) and STILL only detained them. When the war was over, they were released.

On the other hand, the Germans rounded people up with the express intent of killing them. They were not treasonous per se-- only guilty of being Jews.

As many as 500,000 Colonists remained loyal to the Crown during the American Revolution. You don't think they were a threat?

Lincoln's suspension of habeas corpus may have been his finest moment, because he showed he had the courage to make a VERY difficult decision and recognized that there is no purity in politics and philosophy. History has judged Lincoln well, and deservedly so.

The whining I'm hearing in this thread would lead me to believe that you all would say the FBI should not be profiling Muslims in their terrorist investigations, despite the overwhelming majority of such acts being perpetrated my Muslims. After all, the innocent Muslims have their civil rights violated. Right?

Last edited:
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2011
    Good grief, people.

You don't grasp the idea that you can't always defend democracy by practicing it?

THERE IS DOCUMENTED PROOF OF JAPANESE "AMERICANS' LIVING IN HAWAII ON DEC & 1941 WHO TOOK UP ARMS AGAINST THE US ON THAT DAY.

Drive through some hispanic neighborhoods that fly the Mexican flag and root for Mexico against the US Team some time. You think it misguided to be concerned about them if Mexico should invade the southern US? How many Hispanics would be loyal to the US in such a case? Hmm?

The idea that there is a moral parallel between the detainment of Japanese Americans and the roundup of the Jews by Hitler is repugnant. Sure, they were both rounded up because of their race.

But there's all the difference in the world between rounding up a group of people because of a *documented* disloyalty (i.e.-- treason) and rounding up people just because you think their race is inferior.

It's also rather telling that the US took people it suspected might be treasonous (indeed, some of them were) and STILL only detained them. When the war was over, they were released.

On the other hand, the Germans rounded people up with the express intent of killing them. They were not treasonous per se-- only guilty of being Jews.

As many as 500,000 Colonists remained loyal to the Crown during the American Revolution. You don't think they were a threat?

Lincoln's suspension of habeas corpus may have been his finest moment, because he showed he had the courage to make a VERY difficult decision and recognized that there is no purity in politics and philosophy. History has judged Lincoln well, and deservedly so.

The whining I'm hearing in this thread would lead me to believe that you all would say the FBI should not be profiling Muslims in their terrorist investigations, despite the overwhelming majority of such acts being perpetrated my Muslims. After all, the innocent Muslims have their civil rights violated. Right?

dis-gun-be-gud.gif

GunnerDan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 16, 2012
    Clark County Indiana
    Good grief, people.

THERE IS DOCUMENTED PROOF OF JAPANESE "AMERICANS' LIVING IN HAWAII ON DEC & 1941 WHO TOOK UP ARMS AGAINST THE US ON THAT DAY.

I am really not trying to get personal on this, but sir, you are NUTS. To round up and put into concentration camps Japanese AMERICANS who were multi-generational Americans at that is tyranny at its finest. How do you think Americans would feel if the government started to round up and put into concentration camps everyone who was of Hispanic descent. Hell, they were marching in the streets in Arizona about the "Ausweiss Bitte?" when it came to stopping Hispanics because they looked Hispanic.

So, yes the US government was no better than the Nazi regime during WWII by rounding up Japanese Americans only because they were Japanese.

Gunner

Liberty1911

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2012
    Good grief, people.

Interesting. I had to look this up. Wasn't aware of it.

Niihau Incident - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Also, 20+ years ago when I was in the military, we had an hispanic guy in our shop. He was very vocal about America "not being his country". As you can imagine, he wasn't too popular.

It does make you wonder how many hispanics feel that way about America.

mistap

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 4, 2010
    Art. 1, Sec. 32
    Interesting. I had to look this up. Wasn't aware of it.

Niihau Incident - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Also, 20+ years ago when I was in the military, we had an hispanic guy in our shop. He was very vocal about America "not being his country". As you can imagine, he wasn't too popular.

It does make you wonder how many hispanics feel that way about America.

A predictable outcome resulting from the propagation of "multi-culturalism" and "diversity" as core values.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    Good grief, people.

So you can't defend the Constitution by exercising it? That should reassure tyrants everywhere.

So where's your proof that the West-Coast Issei and Nissei interned had taken up arms? It's documented, right?

If they cheer for the Mexican teams they can't be good Americans? They HAVE to cheer for Team USA or they're traitors?

Again, what was the documented disloyalty these folks did? How about all the young men who signed up for the US Army and fought in Europe? Just sneaky traitors?

"STILL only detained them"? That was might big of the government, considering they hadn't broken any laws, or even been accused of breaking laws.

You realize that criminal offenses require criminal intent. How would you ascribe that to an entire ethnic group?

Lincoln had the courage to ignore the Constitution. That's commendable. To call that act the finest hour of any presidency is pathetic, however.

Again, while some Japanese Americans might have committed acts against the US, the vast majority of them were rounded up and deprived of their liberty and property solely because of their ethnic origin. They were only guilty of not being white Anglo-Saxon 'mericans.

The Tories weren't interned during the war. They left after the war, and for good cause, because they had actively supported the Crown under arms.

No one is simply talking about profiling. Interning people because of their ethnic background goes way beyond that.

How about interning gun owners or Baptists, just because they might be seditious?

Yeah, there's no problem depriving American citizens their due process solely because of their ethnic background, and heck, they did get released after the war. Sorry about all the property they lost and their rights that were infringed.

You do realize this is the rationale behind Jim Crow laws as well.

Last edited:

Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    I am really not trying to get personal on this, but sir, you are NUTS. To round up and put into concentration camps Japanese AMERICANS who were multi-generational Americans at that is tyranny at its finest. How do you think Americans would feel if the government started to round up and put into concentration camps everyone who was of Hispanic descent. Hell, they were marching in the streets in Arizona about the "Ausweiss Bitte?" when it came to stopping Hispanics because they looked Hispanic.

So, yes the US government was no better than the Nazi regime during WWII by rounding up Japanese Americans only because they were Japanese.

Gunner

No offense taken. You inability to think a little deeper is your problem, not mine. You think that morally the US was the same as Nazi Germany, and THAT is something offensive. Never mind differences of jus ad bellum and jus in bello between them:rolleyes:

Top Bottom