• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mcolford

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 8, 2010
    Ok, maybe Im just putting too much common sense into this.....

How is it a package can ship out of Indianapolis yesterday, on a delivery that usually takes one day, and its scheduled to arrive tomorrow at 1000. Its like 40 miles up the friggin road.......

-MColford

purple72

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 26, 2008
    Central Indiana
    Because it has to be logged and sorted through the system and put on the right truck. They probably have a few packages to deal with this time of year.

mcolford

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 8, 2010
    I understand they are a little busier this time of year (for obvious reasons).... Im also assuming that Fed-Ex does not have a hub in Kokomo, thus making Indy the hub they work out of. Seems to me that there are not too many steps, but what do I know. Just more irritated than anything, as I dont know when I will have time to run down and get my tires put on, as I go back to work tomorrow, and am crazy busy for a while.

-MColford

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Their new favorite trick is to load my package onto their truck and drive them around the city with no intention of delivering it that day. My last two packages have had this treatment for two days prior to finally delivering it on the third day. The tracking shows it on the truck for delivery then returned to the hub at the end of the day because ti was not due for delivery yet.

I won't use UPS or Fedex unless I absolutely have to.

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    40 miles?

"40 miles up the friggin road"

If it's that friggin important, take the friggin thing 40 friggin miles up the friggin road your own friggin self! :dunno:

mcolford

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 8, 2010
    Its something I can't do. The tire store ordered my tires from their warehouse in Indy. If I could have went and got them I would have!!!

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    Now, they can't just say "hey, this guy's only 40 miles up the road; let's take a truck, throw the tires on, and take em to him." It has to go through the system. They've spoiled us so much in so many other ways, we've lost perspective. UPS have had a couple of pretty monumental screwups for me, but mostly been fine, but I'm not going to expect them to say "hey, we're delivering this from Indianapolis to Carmel, let's just find one of our employees that lives up that way and send it with him." Allowing for that sort of complications would nullify all the advantages.

br2710

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 23, 2010
    Wayne County
    I ordered a new truck saltspreader a week before I needed it. It shipped to the Memphis tn. hub. From there it was put on the wrong plane and ended up in Maine. It really sucks to spread 700 pounds of Icemelt by hand. Oh yea it arrived the next day. All they said was sorry. From that point on I never shipped Fedex again.
    :xmad: :xmad: :xmad: :xmad: :xmad:

Thunder219

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 10, 2010
    I ordered a new truck saltspreader a week before I needed it. It shipped to the Memphis tn. hub. From there it was put on the wrong plane and ended up in Maine. It really sucks to spread 700 pounds of Icemelt by hand. Oh yea it arrived the next day. All they said was sorry. From that point on I never shipped Fedex again.
    :xmad: :xmad: :xmad: :xmad: :xmad:

what kind of spreader?

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    Hey, I watched some stuff I was tracking a while back go from my local hub to Indy, to Memphis, to Indy, to Memphis, then on to it's final destination...

That's not to mention this time of year is their busy time and they have a lot of deliveries to make and a lot of temp workers that probably couldn't figure out their piehole from their butthole...

Tactical Dave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plainfield
    Ok, maybe Im just putting too much common sense into this.....

How is it a package can ship out of Indianapolis yesterday, on a delivery that usually takes one day, and its scheduled to arrive tomorrow at 1000. Its like 40 miles up the friggin road.......

-MColford

May have been put on the wrong truck (happens). Once I had something coming from MN, it went to IN, OH, KY, then here..............

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2011
    FedEx and UPS have processing systems that (in theory) maximize efficiency. They can't depart from that processing system, or else their efficiency would suffer.

Leastways, that's the logic I imagine you'd be told.

Integraholic

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    At home
    I worked at the Indy hub for almost 9 years. I was also in charge of one of the outbounds for a couple of those years. We would get the packages in our area, load them into containers and put them on the plane. Sometimes certain events would unfold to where we would have to leave stuff behind. Also there may be some weather in one of the hub cities bad enough to have to divert aircraft. Quite a few times, planes would divert from Memphis to Indy and vice versa. There are cities that memphis services that Indy does not. The opposite as well. It's also VERY easy for a package to get lost inside the hub or wind up in the wrong area. And it's also the case that if next day service isn't paid for, it will not be delivered next day. Doesn't matter if the recipient is across the same town. It's just bad business.

Top Bottom