• Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Yep. Menards' goofy 11% rebate comes to mind. Rather just go to Lowes and get my 10% veteran discount at the cash register.

This. I dont get the vet discount, so I only get 5%. But I'll take 5% cash vs 11% that I have to keep going back to redeem in store credit. And I really dont like Menards anyway. Dont like their business practices, store layout, lack of cut to order wire, nor hardware selection. I only buy there when I cant find it at Lowes.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    This. I dont get the vet discount, so I only get 5%. But I'll take 5% cash vs 11% that I have to keep going back to redeem in store credit. And I really dont like Menards anyway. Dont like their business practices, store layout, lack of cut to order wire, nor hardware selection. I only buy there when I cant find it at Lowes.

I don't go there often. Always thought that their check out lines are strange. You have to walk around the cashier who is just standing there in the aisle instead of behind the counter.

Bunch of weirdos. :):

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I don't go there often. Always thought that their check out lines are strange. You have to walk around the cashier who is just standing there in the aisle instead of behind the counter.

Bunch of weirdos. :):

At least they TRY to have actual cashier lanes. Every Home Depot I go to you are pretty much forced to use the u-scan because they dont open any actual traditional registers. :rolleyes:(not in there much) Lowes typically runs at least 1 traditional lane on top of the u-scans.

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    I use several rebates every year from ammo. They take time to process but it's easy enough. They have you upload photos of products and recipts. It's standard ops and easier than mailing upcs. I've gotten 100 dollars back from eotech, 50 from tipmann, lots of shirts hats etc... And some gift cards from ammo. I prefer the federal rebate process. Once you know how to format the docs it's like a 5 minute process

rosejm

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 28, 2013
    NWI
    No trouble at all, pushed all of the papers/boxes together and only had a couple pics.

Was honestly much easier than I expected for online rebate submission. I do fully expect the wait. It's like finding $75 in an old coat next spring.
    Prepaid gift cards are just fine. It's not like it's store credit... use that thing anywhere you wouldn't use your own card.

The other rebates I've done with Federal were old school paper & snail mail. No faster, no slower. Only real difference was the 55¢ stamp.

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    ... I prefer the federal rebate process. Once you know how to format the docs it's like a 5 minute process

^This. I submitted two forms for a total of $100. The only problem I had was that the form demanded two box photos for front and back but I only uploaded one photo that showed both the front and back. Took a second photo and done.

Sounds like the OP's problem is that they use Apple products with all their proprietary s**t and photographed one box at a time.

blue2golf

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Evansville
    ^This. I submitted two forms for a total of $100. The only problem I had was that the form demanded two box photos for front and back but I only uploaded one photo that showed both the front and back. Took a second photo and done.

Sounds like the OP's problem is that they use Apple products with all their proprietary s**t and photographed one box at a time.

Yes, Apple is in their own world and it causes problems, but I've done Remington and CCI rebates in the past with my MacBook Air with ease. As for the photo uploads...I followed Federal's very specific instructions. The technical issues emanated from their end of the submission process. If they are asking for large amounts of data from the customer, then they need to be prepared to handle the data and not expect us to read their minds on how to package it for their convenience.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    No bashing but seriously, was it worth all of that and add in the wait. Seriously.

Never played the rebate game. The spouse used to but found it was a waste of her time. It is a hook.

^^^THIS^^^

That would defeat the purpose. Rebates aren’t about giving the consumer a deal. It’s enticing the consumer to make a purchase and hoping they don’t get around to sending in the rebate.

^^^And THIS^^^

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy

I don't go to Menard's as much as I used to but I agree with this. Same thing with "Kohl's Cash". It's a never-ending cycle. "Buy this and we'll give you $x.xx in Kohl's Cash, but you can't use it until next week." So you go back and use it, earn more "Kohl's Cash" that you can't use until the following week... lather, rinse, repeat. Bah!

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I don't go to Menard's as much as I used to but I agree with this. Same thing with "Kohl's Cash". It's a never-ending cycle. "Buy this and we'll give you $x.xx in Kohl's Cash, but you can't use it until next week." So you go back and use it, earn more "Kohl's Cash" that you can't use until the following week... lather, rinse, repeat. Bah!

I forgot about Kohls cash. The spouse runs that like a pro. She shops at Kohls and most likely because of this. But it seems she does well with t. To me it looks like a pain.

Karl-just-Karl

Retired
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2014
    NE
    The Federal rebate deal was pretty good for buying case quantities of XM193. With shipping I think PPR was down around 23 or 24 cents.

That being said, here is my funny story. I bought a CZ 455 for a great price this year. Wanting to bolster my 22 stock, I coupled a discount card and a birthday discount from Midway and picked up a case of CCI standard velocity.

After jumping through the hoops (taking and uploading photos of receipts, UPCs, and shipping paperwork) for Federals rebate for a "Free Box" of ammo, I mistakenly was thinking of the brick price.

I waited 12 weeks for a pre-paid debit card worth $2.25. :rofl:

It's already been said, "Life goes on".

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    Had no issue doing my rebate. Got an email last week saying my rebate for 75 was approved.

I also shop at Speedway for my gas and coffee. I also fill up the company vehicles to get my points. Have exchange twice within a few years for 125 and 175 in lowes gift cards.

tsm

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    Allen county
    Filling out the rebate form online I discovered my Apple .IMG pics had to be converted to PDF or .JPG first before uploading. :xmad:

Retook the pics, converted them to .JPG, uploaded the files and hit "Submit"....success, finally!

Several hours of frustration gives me $25.

Anyone else having problems?

Wondering why my iPhone 6s Federal picture taking didn't have that problem? Took the photos of the boxes, labels, etc. and emailed them to myself so I could cut & paste using the computer. What appeared in my email inbox were all the photos in .JPG form. No conversion necessary.

AmmoManAaron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Feb 20, 2015
    I-get-around
    Never had trouble with the Menard's 11% rebate. Easy to fill out (we do it as soon as we get home from the store), mail it off, and a week or so later we have it in our hands. We are comparison shoppers and only buy stuff that is cheaper or the same price as other stores, then we get 11% off. We use the in-store credit to purchase consumable things we need - like dog and cat food - so for us it is just getting free pet food for buying stuff we were already going to buy and that we couldn't get for less elsewhere. Works very well for us.

blue2golf

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Evansville
    Wondering why my iPhone 6s Federal picture taking didn't have that problem? Took the photos of the boxes, labels, etc. and emailed them to myself so I could cut & paste using the computer. What appeared in my email inbox were all the photos in .JPG form. No conversion necessary.

I have an iPhone 8. I remember my photos on my old iPhones used .JPG but my 8 doesn't. Probably Apple being obtuse as usual.

tsm

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    Allen county
    I have an iPhone 8. I remember my photos on my old iPhones used .JPG but my 8 doesn't. Probably Apple being obtuse as usual.

I would have thought that function would be more likely controlled via software rather than the hardware. I'm running IOS 13.3 but don't see anything like the following is talking about, except that apparently my emailed iPhone photos always show up as JPG formatted. You might take a look at this and see if your phone gives you the option:

https://zcom.tech/make-iphone-photos-jpg-instead-of-heic.html

blue2golf

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Evansville
    I would have thought that function would be more likely controlled via software rather than the hardware. I'm running IOS 13.3 but don't see anything like the following is talking about, except that apparently my emailed iPhone photos always show up as JPG formatted. You might take a look at this and see if your phone gives you the option:

https://zcom.tech/make-iphone-photos-jpg-instead-of-heic.html

Awesome! Made the switch, let's see what happens. Thank you sir.

steif

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    80   0   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    I got took last year... probably my fault, but they wouldnt honor the rebate at all. submitted it with no problem, after 12 weeks got a letter not all required info was sent.. well it was, but theysaid it wasnt, it was closed by that time and wouldnt give me a chance to fix it, after several calls and letters no dice, so I got a rebateless black pack of 22's. I was satisfied buying them for the listed price, but the rebate would have pushed it into wow great deal territory. Oh well. I know now not to do federal rebates.. lol.

BowhuntnHoosier

Angry Old Conservative Fart
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 28, 2011
    Terre Haute
    I thought it was pretty easy. Done my father in laws also. Well worth it to me. And Menards pricing and service far exceeds Lowes here in Terrible Haute.

Top Bottom