• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HotD

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 22, 2013
    N/A
    A government than can force people to philosophically accept heterosexual marriage can just as easily force people to philosophically accept gay marriage.

I think that removing the government altogether is the optimal solution. We probably agree on that.

Force people to accept (or for that matter, reject)? Wouldn't or couldn't just traditional societal values do that without any particular governmental influence?

In any event to get back on topic, 10A should the go-to law, with marriage as being under the purview of the state or the people, and not of a federal judge making determinations.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    A government than can force people to philosophically accept heterosexual marriage can just as easily force people to philosophically accept gay marriage.

I think that removing the government altogether is the optimal solution. We probably agree on that.

Sounds good to me. Separate the sacramental elements from the contract law elements and there should be a working balance with the only caveat being that it would NOT appease the apparent actual demand of the homosexuals to use the .gov as a bludgeon to force acceptance of their personal choices rather than the legal rights they ostensibly seek (and have rejected). It reminds me of the time Yitzak Rabin offered the PLO more than it was asking for, and the PLO STILL rejected the offer.

Top Bottom