• ...and so much more!
  • Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    3:30 on a Friday and you post this.

I was going to go home, exercise, do some laundry, roll some .45acp, have a beer after reloading . . . and now . . . I'm taking phone calls. *sigh*

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I'm thinking it's "click bait".

All states are required to enforce compliance with the regulation by December 3rd 2016.
    Right.
    Cause you're going to get States to run a law through that fast. Indiana laws go into effect in June or July if I remember right.

...effort to create uniformity among states and increase public safety.
    The 5-states that are already in compliance with the new regulation include California, Florida, Illinois, New York, and South Carolina.

So... we're going to become more uniform by making the 45 change rules to match the 5?
    Shouldn't it be the other way?

..increase public safety..
    I'd like to see the stats on that.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    The comments... So much cringe.. Its so bad

Mary Patterson September 16, 2016 at 12:01 pm This is so long overdue that it’s not even funny. I applaud the 5-states that actually got it right without having being told what to do by Uncle Sam. Do I support gun rights? You bet your behind I do. Do I support maniacs walking around Walmart and Carls Jr. with a gun visible? ABSOLUTELY NOT! I’m sorry, but this is 2016 – not the wild wild west.

How is a hidden gun safer??

Bethany L. September 16, 2016 at 12:10 pm I see a lot of people complaining about this, but guess what – it’s going to save lives so sit down and shut up. Do you know who “exercises their rights” to open carry? – CONVICTS. Anyone that chooses to open carry vs. obtain a proper concealed weapons permit, is choosing this option for one reason and one reason alone – THEY HAVE FELONIES AND CAN”T LEGALLY OBTAIN A PERMIT! The government wants to stop criminals from demonstrating this threatening and menacing behavior – great! I’ll be the first to admit, the government gets it wrong a lot, but this time……they got it right!

Riiiiight.
    Criminals OC.
    I don't even know where to start.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    I'm thinking it's "click bait".

All states are required to enforce compliance with the regulation by December 3rd 2016.
    Right.
    Cause you're going to get States to run a law through that fast. Indiana laws go into effect in June or July if I remember right.

...effort to create uniformity among states and increase public safety.
    The 5-states that are already in compliance with the new regulation include California, Florida, Illinois, New York, and South Carolina.

So... we're going to become more uniform by making the 45 change rules to match the 5?
    Shouldn't it be the other way?

..increase public safety..
    I'd like to see the stats on that.

In their mind "public safety" means people feel more safe when they don't see a gun, and therefore can imagine they're in fantazy land where gun-free places are safe.

Of course it doesn't apply to the police, then people don't mind OC for some reason.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Nose under the tent?

Magazine capacity limits?

Illegal hollow points?

Universal Background Checks?

This is a funny joke, but if we fool around and let Hillary get elected??? :dunno:

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    C'mon gang. The first thing to look for with stories like this are links to source articles.

There are no links to any type of other outlets reporting this or even a link to tbe proposed "regulation."

Not sure what the point is. It's not a pure spoof (i.e. funny). It's just a made up story.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    C'mon gang. The first thing to look for with stories like this are links to source articles.

There are no links to any type of other outlets reporting this or even a link to tbe proposed "regulation."

Not sure what the point is. It's not a pure spoof (i.e. funny). It's just a made up story.

To be fair it's not much different from legit newspapers.

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    To be fair it's not much different from legit newspapers.

Very fair. Old-timey newspapers who now also publish on the web aren't big believers in links. You have to go to blogs and newer info sites to find heavier link usage. I'm constantly reading something on a newspaper site and then have to jump to a search engine to find the law they are referring to or some other detail.

So unfortunately, a lack of links isn't really a great way (on its own) to figure out parody sites.

Vilage.Idiot

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 17, 2012
    3:30 on a Friday and you post this.

I was going to go home, exercise, do some laundry, roll some .45acp, have a beer after reloading . . . and now . . . I'm taking phone calls. *sigh*
    Lol. Sorry Kirk glad I could help
    But it was on the Internet I had to do my duty and further its existence.

Top Bottom