• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Black Cloud

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Brownsburg
    So, I order my EOTech from an eBay seller, with 2nd-Day Air shipping so that I can leave to my Holiday vacation to visit my family after my last day of work before the new year (off on Friday, 12-21). The package was shipped by the seller on 12-19, plenty of time... :D

According to the tracking program, optics arrived in Indy on Thursday and noon. Friday, tracking shows it on a truck for delivery all day, then back at the distribution facility at 6pm. So, I sit around all day Saturday, waiting on the package to be delivered, as it once again showed as in transit for delivery. At 5:50pm, tracking updates to show it back at the facility. I call the Customer Service number, and they tell me that the facility is closed, but that I can PICK UP THE PACKAGE ON SUNDAY, between the hours of 1 and 4pm EST, at the facility. :rolleyes:

I asked them if I was to understand that I paid extra for 2nd Day Air, that the package was in my city for 3 days, yet no attempt was made to deliver. And, that I had to drive 30 minutes away to pick up the package myself, at a time that was inconvenient to me? Their answer? "I'm very sorry." :dunno:

So, today, on Sunday as I'm watching the Colts game, I leave the game so that I can get to the facility to pick up the package before they close at 4pm. I get there at 3:20pm... and it's closed. I call the CS number to explain my disdain, and they said "We're very sorry that somebody gave you the wrong hours, we don't know why they'd do that, but we shall attempt delivery again tomorrow..." :ugh:

FAIL, FEDEX. HUGE FAIL. I HATE YOU. AND ALL THAT LOOK LIKE YOU. :xmad:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I had a 2 package delivery from Brownells that showed in on truck for Friday delivery along with a 3 pkg. deal from Sportsmans guide. I got 4 of 5 box's. The one box I really needed (gift) was miss-handled and in Cincinnati. I had to drop bombs on Brownells and UPSucks to get that info. They promised it would be here on the 24th by day's end.
    I know it is "That" time of the year and all but really.

XDLover

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2012
    Delaware County
    I ordered stuff from Lucky Gunner on Monday and it was shipped that night. It still doesn't show in the system. :) given the time of year I wouldn't pay extra to get anything shipped cause as you found out it isn't worth it.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I ordered stuff from Lucky Gunner on Monday and it was shipped that night. It still doesn't show in the system. :) given the time of year I wouldn't pay extra to get anything shipped cause as you found out it isn't worth it.

I ordered from LG on Sunday night and had everything on Thursday. I was surprised.
    They were near out of everything I wanted. Stock was way down.

92ThoStro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 1, 2012
    I really wish Amazon had a bigger selection of gun accessories, and sold ammunition. Can't beat next day air for 3.99!

finnegan

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    Clark County
    I'm right there with you. I ordered an LCR .357 off of gunbroker. Estimated delivery date: 12/20. Hopefully will get it before New Year's.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    It is their busiest time right now, not just with Christmas but also with the AR frenzy on top of it...

No sympathy here. If they accepted payment for second day air, they are expected to make good on it. If you can't do the job, step aside and let someone else do it. Don't accept payment and then after multiple failures say 'oops'.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    A package I'm waiting on, sent USPS Priority Mail is still showing a "Scheduled Delivery" date of 12/22. :n00b: Fortunately it's nothing Christmas-critical... just some .45 brass. 'Tis the season...

chizzle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I had a similar issue with FedEx once. I got incorrect instructions from one of their customer service people and ended up waiting at a package hub for several hours only to find out that my package wasn't really there. While I try not to hold a grudge, I also try not to spend my money with businesses that provide me with poor customer service.

wsenefeld

Master
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Boone Co.
    I'll never use FedEx again. About a year ago, I ordered 5 pmags. Tracked them and said they had been delivered. I had been home all day and checked all around but no package. I called CS and they said they'd call the driver. They called back and the driver said he left it under the stairwell. WTF? I have no stairwell. They refunded midway for my purchase and midway sent the order again but through UPS.

9mmsubgun-m11

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 13, 2011
    I'm waiting on a package sent last Saturday USPS Priority that should have been here Monday or Tuesday.Maybe get lucky and see it tomorrow.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I was amazed on Friday. I had a package that was shipped overnight and scheduled for delivery on Friday. I gave up on it about 7:30 PM figuring it would be rescheduled although it was still showing on the truck. UPS truck showed up at 9PM with the delivery. I was stunned and pretty happy. It is not uncommon to get deliveries up to about 8PM or so this time of year, but first time I've had one at 9PM.

Good luck to the OP, I hope you get your package.

Top Bottom