• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    I sold my reloading partner's Hornady AP Press and ordered him a new Dillon XL650

He got all the bells and whistles for it. Even the Dillon Dies.

17Squirrel always pushed them because of the ease to take apart to clean and not loose the settings.
    So he ordered 9mm and Fourtay. If we like them then I'm gonna switch out my Lee Dies as well for my XL650.

It will be nice having two blue machines on the bench.

I will post up pictures when it's all set up.

D71873DD-E582-4BDA-B26B-DF47F9A7E6D4_zps5blwcroj.jpg
    [/URL][/IMG]

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    Congrats, amazing press :yesway:

Always hated the way Dillon shipped their presses though, wish is was more discrete....way more discrete

I know what you mean. It was just screaming please take me.
    Its a good thing the surrounding neighbors watch out for each other and at least 1/2 of them carry on a daily basis.

It sat sat there on the porch for about four hours.

I received a text from one neighbor at the same time FedEx sent a message the package was delivered.

He he said he would keep an eye on it until I got home.
    $1,600 was sitting there :spend:

Doublehelix

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 20, 2015
    Westfield
    I got those same boxes a couple of months ago, but I was eagerly waiting by the door to get mine. New toys are always so fun! Congratulations!

jonny4523

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 26, 2009
    Lafayette
    The cost of extra caliber keeps me away from getting one.

You mean the caliber conversion kits? You quickly make up that cost! I can switch between 223 and 9mm in probably less than 5 minutes. Add another 3-5 if I have to switch primer size. The dies remain setup. I always test the first few throws of powder to make sure they match my receipe (I never have to adjust) and then I'm off to the races. If you already have the major investment made in one of these presses, the extra calibers should be no sweat!

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    FUN!

Coincidentally I paid Bobcat Armament a visit yesterday and picked up my first batch of supplies to start actually reloading. (I owned everything but the consumables)

So saturday after class I'll be stopping by Proteq with my chrono to test the sample test loads.

ljk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    May 21, 2013
    You mean the caliber conversion kits? You quickly make up that cost! I can switch between 223 and 9mm in probably less than 5 minutes. Add another 3-5 if I have to switch primer size. The dies remain setup. I always test the first few throws of powder to make sure they match my receipe (I never have to adjust) and then I'm off to the races. If you already have the major investment made in one of these presses, the extra calibers should be no sweat!

I've got 9mm, 223 and 300BLK, with 3 power measure and tool heads for 550. I collected the parts over the years so didn't pay attention on how much they cost.

I called Dillon last week to get a quote on 45, it's $224, doesn't include shipping and failsafe rod.

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    Would you mind posting your street address?
    Oh, and while you're at it, would you put that box back out where it is in the photo?
    Oh, and please be sure to leave said box unopened.
    Thanxxxxxxxxxxxxx!

bgcatty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Carmel
    Glad to see you drank the Blue Kool Aid! Once you set that 650 up and get everything set just right you will be cranking out ammo like no tomorrow.

Top Bottom