• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BarryJaxon

Shooter
    Rating - 50%
    0   1   1
    Feb 23, 2011
    How the hell exactly,do you "lose" a gun?Been around them all my life without misplacing one.Same with everybody I know,ya think there`d be some hairy eyeball looks when you reported it?:laugh:

Last edited:

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Whow the hell exactly,do you "lose" a gun?

1. Bathrooms. Just look at all the threads on INGO or any gun board "what do you do with your gun in the bathroom?"

For some reason, people cannot comprehend that you just leave the stupid thing along in the holster. People want excuses to finger the guns and thus create situations where guns discharge or are lost.

2. The occasional carriers who come in and out of no go zones lose guns. They take the gun on and off and lose track of it. Look at how many guns are left in rental cars. Instead of leaving the pistol where it should be, in the holster on your belt, people finger the guns and put them everywhere, in the footwell, in consoles, in gloveboxes, etc.

3. Distracted. The carrier is jacking with gear and the phone rings, for some stupid reason, they answer the phone instead of completing the mission. The gun is forgotten and left somewhere (diaper changing station).

Put the pistol in your holster after press checking. Leave it there. Stop jacking with your gear.

Willie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 24, 2010
    Warrick County
    Whow the hell exactly,do you "lose" a gun?Been around them all my life without misplacing one.Same with everybody I know,ya think there`d be some hairy eyeball looks when you reported it?:laugh:

Easy......

seattlegun.jpg

Seattle cops "embarrassed" at photo of AR-15 rifle carelessly left on trunk of car

http://www.pixiq.com/article/maybe-this-is-why-cops-dont-want-us-to-take-photos

Pocketman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 11, 2010
    "familiarity breeds contempt"

Plumbers leave wrenches under sinks. Car mechanics leave screw drivers sitting on engine blocks. Surgeons misplace instruments. Not saying it's right, but when a firearm is an everyday "tool" people get complacent. These same officers loose expensive portable radios on a regular basis.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Seattle cops "embarrassed" at photo of AR-15 rifle carelessly left on trunk of car

I can just see how it happened. Cop pulls out AR and instead of slinging arms fingers it because it is cool. Radio squawks or cell phone rings and he sets it down instead of slinging arms.

Load and make ready. Holster it or sling it. Leave it be and don't jack with it.

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    When I was in the Army, being caught with your weapon out of your reach would result in it being tethered to your body with a "dummy" cord. Any unit that lost a weapon was likely to lose its commander as well.

GARANDGUY

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2010
    SOUTHERN INDIANA
    1. Bathrooms. Just look at all the threads on INGO or any gun board "what do you do with your gun in the bathroom?"

For some reason, people cannot comprehend that you just leave the stupid thing along in the holster. People want excuses to finger the guns and thus create situations where guns discharge or are lost.

2. The occasional carriers who come in and out of no go zones lose guns. They take the gun on and off and lose track of it. Look at how many guns are left in rental cars. Instead of leaving the pistol where it should be, in the holster on your belt, people finger the guns and put them everywhere, in the footwell, in consoles, in gloveboxes, etc.

3. Distracted. The carrier is jacking with gear and the phone rings, for some stupid reason, they answer the phone instead of completing the mission. The gun is forgotten and left somewhere (diaper changing station).

Put the pistol in your holster after press checking. Leave it there. Stop jacking with your gear.
    Thank you! I tried to rep you but it wouldnt let me. Someone rep this man for me. Nice link. Im going to have to check that place out. How did you come across that?

BarryJaxon

Shooter
    Rating - 50%
    0   1   1
    Feb 23, 2011

I guess:dunno:,maybe I been carrying one long enough,every once in a while I just have to feel to make sure.:laugh:What Dross said to.

BarryJaxon

Shooter
    Rating - 50%
    0   1   1
    Feb 23, 2011
    "I tried to rep you but it wouldnt let me. Someone rep this man for me. Nice link. Im going to have to check that place out. How did you come across that?"

Got him for ya!

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Thank you! I tried to rep you but it wouldnt let me. Someone rep this man for me. Nice link. Im going to have to check that place out. How did you come across that?

Say Uncle is one of the older gun blogs about.

Greater Knoxville, Tennessee is a hotbed of gun bloggery.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    Whow the hell exactly,do you "lose" a gun?Been around them all my life without misplacing one.Same with everybody I know,ya think there`d be some hairy eyeball looks when you reported it?:laugh:

How exactly is a rainbow made? How exactly does the sun set? How exactly does a positrac rear end on a Plymouth work?

Nobody knows.

It just does.

Top Bottom