• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    What crime is there in buying or selling a gun except that we are prohibited from doing so in various instances by various laws?

Various laws? Like Conspiracy to Commit Murder? Assisting a Criminal? Aiding and Abetting Murder?

Yeah, I hate the GCA/SSA as well. And 922(a)(6) without any specific intent is abhorrent. However, individuals knowingly assisting criminals? This is the wrong hill.

If you go carrying pictures of Chairman Mao . . .

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    You're not saying that knowingly and willingly providing a gun to a person for criminal purposes like threatening someone or taking their life is malum in se, are you?

Why do you ​hate freedom?

I hate freedom for many reasons, mostly out of my deep, undying hatred of the Constitution, Motherhood and Ron Paul.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    I'm talking about gun laws, not conspiring to aid or assist in murder. :n00b:

If there were laws prohibiting the buying and selling of hammers, I'd want those repealed, too, despite the fact that hammers may also be used to threaten or murder.

This is not a difficult concept. Most gun laws are ridiculous, mere regulatory crimes against the State.

dusty88

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 11, 2014
    United States
    This case shows again that gun laws and background checks don't really work. And not just because someone violated the law to buy a gun. More specifically because those who possess guns illegally are almost never caught until they commit a crime. So prosecute them. The outcome here is no different than if these guys had been able to walk in and buy a gun without a NICS check. They find someone to buy it, or they buy a gun illegally on the street.

You are rarely going to know who is simply "possessing" until they do their dirty deed. The only way around that would be even greater impingements on gun owners with a full registration and tracking (which would obviously be a government abuse)

Top Bottom