Feds reconsider giving military gear to the police....

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gravitas73

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 26, 2013

Destro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 10, 2011
    The Khyber Pass
    Guess we'll find out if the autopsy shows he was shot in the back like the witness said he was (and no I'm not talking about his friend that was with him, there was a girl who claims to have seen it)

If he was charging the officer at the time he was shot, shot placement isn't necessary critical after the fact.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Yeah, here's the problem with that; after antagonizing people via rubber bullets and tear gas for a few days, along with pointing red lasers at peaceful protesters, they kind of caused the riot.

It's like kicking a police dog. Maybe you had a reason, maybe you didn't, but it doesn't matter now. Now, it going to bite you, even if you're really, really sorry about acting out. (Mind you, there seems to be some curious way that being upset with police leads to screwing over random people; I'm not condoning it, but had things been handled with a modicum of competency, I doubt very much things would have devolved.)

I think you may have that just a bit backwards. Tear gas and such wasn't used until after the rioting began. So yes when you kick the police dog, expect to get bit.

This is much ado about nothing. This was a great program. Many agencies received much needed equipment they would never get budgeted to purchase. MOst departments have been sacked at the knees money wise. So the flip side to these people screaming don't come for my guns while they clammer for the police guns are totally wrong. Regardess of what you believe the streets have become more violent. Rifles in the hands of criminals who are not afraid at all to use them on police is more common than ever. Perry was a example of this. So let me see if I get this straight. We should send back the M16's, none of which are full auto that go out, or the rifle rated vests just to stop scaring people. Now have their been some mis steps in the program sure but those agencies were kicked out. I sometimes think that when you continually blog all day that the police are a standing army and they are coming for you, some of you actually believe it. You have it very good locally in Marion County compared to other parts of the country. Why shouldn't I have the equipment I need to protect myself, and other, if my department won't or can't buy it. If a guy opens up on me with a AK you damn well better believe that if I have time I will send a appropriate response in kind with a rifle. You should be more afraid that the local police and sheriff's will be weakened to the point that "federal policing" will become necessary. Ferguson will be a test case on many levels including that one.

Except they aren't really your guns now are they? You want to purchase whatever you want that is fine by me.

LMAO!!! :rofl:

We b***h about "the RIGHT!" we have, or should have, to own ANY firearms, or types of firearms WE want, but then b***h about what they have? What, they don't have the same Second Amendment rights?

Isn't that just a bit hypocritical? Hint: 'they' do. Hint #2: That LEO may well be our neighbor. Maybe a fellow INGO'er. We're not disarming him (or her), and should fight against that as vehemently as we fight against disarming the civilian citizen.

We should ONLY care that they're trained with it, and what they do with it.

EXACTLY the same as with lawful, and only lawful, citizens.

As I said above, I have absolutely no problem with you owning any firearms. But how about the police dept have to purchase them exactly the same as everyone else? Flashbangs and teargas grenades? Sure no problem, pay for them and don't forget the $200 tax on each one. Same for the launchers. You want full auto? Same, but don't forget nothing made after 1986. Short barrel rifles? Yep. Short barrel shotguns? Nope not for LEO in IN, you can make due with aow like the rest of us. Oh and don't forget the 6-12 mo wait for approval before your dept can take possession of them.

No I just have an open mind and am not blinded by prejudiced hate like most in your flock.
    :): You must be joking. Please tell me you are? You have no more idea of what happened than anyone else here. I'm not saying it was a justified shoot, nor am I saying it wasn't. There has been so much BS put out (mainly by the dead guys side) that I don't believe crap that has been put out.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    No I just have an open mind and am not blinded by prejudiced hate like most in your flock.

The kid has no weapon on him and gets shot multiple times.

Even if we entertain the idea that he punched the cop in his car like Fox News would have us believe, that may justify shooting him at the car, but does not explain shooting him in the back and emptying a mag into his chest 35 yards away after he stops running.

A "good cop" would have chased him down and arrested his criminal for their criminal activities. Why did this one choose to kill an unarmed man instead?

This is the same reason we law abiding citizens aren't within our legal means of killing a thwarted thief as they run away. Our life is no longer in danger, we lose the ability to stand our ground under threat of our safety.
    You are clearly not grounded in reality! How can you say the cop acted as judge, jury, and executioner in one sentence, and then in another, you have already convicted the cop of murder? Are you now judge and jury? If you'd bother to look at any recent news, the "innocent" yutes were also suspects in a strong arm robbery just before the shooting, and another eyewitness account says the "Gentle Giant" was charging the officer, and NOWHERE has it been said with any veracity that the yute in question was shot in the back!

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    There are ways a private citizen can own and possess a SBS in Indiana if such citizen was so inclined.

Sure become a class 3 distributor/dealer. That is about the only way I know of. The local cop shop want to open up a gun shop and prove to the ATF that they are doing it for the purpose of making money and not just to enhance their collection go for it.

finnegan

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    Clark County
    Maybe all the accounts are true. Perhaps Brown hit him with the stolen cigar box, got shot in the car (which his friend didn't see because he doing some thug thing or another,, ran away, started to get shot again, ran backwards aggressively, kept getting shot, turned around, put his hands up, kept getting shot, turned back around, and ended up 30 feet from the car. Later, every crack addicted felon and criminal within a 60 mile radius decides that that particular convenience store has to go, and what better place for a felon to be than front and center attacking the police, while the county police, who just left the Klan rally of course, decide they will strategically avoid shooting any of said felons so they may continue looting and target a state senator and honor roll students instead. Because all of this perfectly logical.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    You're kidding right?

A cop murders a kid in broad daylight and you complain about the protests that ensue?

The "right" never ceases to amaze me with the bull**** they think up to justify their political agenda.

Cops are there to enforce laws, not be judge, jury, and executioner.

A better question would be to ask how many times have riots or protests broke out unprovoked vs. how many times excessive force has been used all across this country.

I think this is pretty telling. You think to be a liberal you have to want bigger government? Being a liberal, by definition, means being committed to liberty and equality for ALL. Look it up.

I would hope that anyone who calls themselves an American would proudly call themself a liberal under that traditional definition.

This is one issue the left and the right should be united on. And it looks like it is as Republicans and Democrats stand against the militarization of police. Much like the NSA bill proposed by Justin Amash and supported equally on both sides.

This is an issue of authoritarianism vs liberty, pure and simple. Those on the Liberty team see the injustice done and are pissed off because it is a reminder of how the Bill of Rights means nothing to any of us anymore. Those on the Authoritarian side seem to live with the fear that there are evil terrorists and drug dealers everywhere that we need an empowered government to fight them, even if that means we all "give up a little liberty for security" for the common good of all.

The common good of all... that sounds familiar.

Let's not make any illusions of who is defending a more powerful government here.

Look who is judge and jury now.....pretending is fun isn't it?

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    I can see both sides of this concern. Call me radical if you like but I honestly thing we will start to see ISIS type attacks in this country before long, especially if Iraq, Syria and other country's fall to those ISIS extremists. In the event that this crap does show up here I often wonder what people will think about military equipment going to LE then. I sure hope I am wrong but I cannot shake the nagging feeling I get with these groups. They have openly said they were coming here. I think they are only lacking the planning and support. Once they have a large infrastructure support it becomes way easier for them.

T755

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2008
    Really. You expect the city to buy what the officers need when all the money is tied up in sports. I guess most people want to return to 6 guns and leather saps. None of the other equipment I use is mine either. I wouldn't buy my equipment on my own dime anymore than any other job.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Really. You expect the city to buy what the officers need when all the money is tied up in sports. I guess most people want to return to 6 guns and leather saps. None of the other equipment I use is mine either. I wouldn't buy my equipment on my own dime anymore than any other job.

It helps when you quote or at least mention the persons SN, that way people would know who/what you are replying to.

Top Bottom