• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ModernGunner

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    NWI
    Well, I can't say for sure that Michelle is the dumbest person to ever walk into the White House.

But she's in the Top 2! :nuts:

tetsujin79

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Apr 23, 2013
    NWI
    Let's balance the desires of the right and left. Let's have healthcare for all citizens. But you pay a premium based on your health. Your premium is based on the results of your yearly physical. Don't take your physical? Cannot go to a hospital.

That would be funny, but look at a private hospital ED. They don't have to treat anyone who can't pay since they are a private business but are forced by laws to treat everyone since it is illegal to turn someone away regardless of insurance or citizenship.

:dunno:

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2011
    I changed career direction a couple of years ago and now work in healthcare. It's completely changed my view. Here are the three "Ah-Ha" things that I've learned:

Americans are the most irresponsible people on the planet about our health.
    Americans drink, smoke, eat garbage and sit on their a$$. When they get sick they want a cure from a pill or someone else to pay for it. Fully 80% of the illnesses I see are preventable.
    The US healthcare system is a basket case and the most expensive in the world. Problem is that Americans still see it as the best in the world.

With the M. O'bamer menu, many of the kids had never seen the vegetables that were presented to them. Gives you a good idea of the health habits that kids are taught at home.

Let's balance the desires of the right and left. Let's have healthcare for all citizens. But you pay a premium based on your health. Your premium is based on the results of your yearly physical. Don't take your physical? Cannot go to a hospital. Sorry, you are not participating. Wanna smoke? No problem. Be 50 lbs overweight? Not an issue. Eat the garbage called processed foods and the poison called fast food? Knock yourselves out. You are free to do what you like. You can live however you like. But it will send your premium up, it will cost you. Base everyone's premium on how you choose to live. That way, those of you who don't care about your health can pay for the choices you make.

So what do you think? Make sense?

You're attempting to use a collective method to encourage personal responsibility, which is like trying to improve privacy by spying on everyone who might attempt to invade that privacy. Setting aside the questionable ability of the entirety of the U.S. to agree on a set of health standards, you are also trying to put people into an "Idiot's Safety Box" which only engenders a lack of personal responsibility. If a doctor pointing at a blood pressure chart and telling the 400 lb man "YOU. WILL. DIE. If you don't change your diet!" won't encourage him, why on earth would some minor fee change it?

Furthermore, you're also setting up a "pay to be lazy, fat, or drunk" system wherein your wealth literally makes you able to ignore heath recommendations. You want to see a class war, wait and see how long it takes for all the poor to become jealous that the upper echelons can eat the costs associated with having a bunch of donuts or some 5 Guys.

atvdave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 23, 2012
    SW Indiana
    You're attempting to use a collective method to encourage personal responsibility, which is like trying to improve privacy by spying on everyone who might attempt to invade that privacy. Setting aside the questionable ability of the entirety of the U.S. to agree on a set of health standards, you are also trying to put people into an "Idiot's Safety Box" which only engenders a lack of personal responsibility. If a doctor pointing at a blood pressure chart and telling the 400 lb man "YOU. WILL. DIE. If you don't change your diet!" won't encourage him, why on earth would some minor fee change it?

Furthermore, you're also setting up a "pay to be lazy, fat, or drunk" system wherein your wealth literally makes you able to ignore heath recommendations. You want to see a class war, wait and see how long it takes for all the poor to become jealous that the upper echelons can eat the costs associated with having a bunch of donuts or some 5 Guys.

It will just be subsidized much like Obummer care is now... and the middle class will get the screw as always.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    I changed career direction a couple of years ago and now work in healthcare. It's completely changed my view. Here are the three "Ah-Ha" things that I've learned:

Americans are the most irresponsible people on the planet about our health.
    Americans drink, smoke, eat garbage and sit on their a$$. When they get sick they want a cure from a pill or someone else to pay for it. Fully 80% of the illnesses I see are preventable.
    The US healthcare system is a basket case and the most expensive in the world. Problem is that Americans still see it as the best in the world.

With the M. O'bamer menu, many of the kids had never seen the vegetables that were presented to them. Gives you a good idea of the health habits that kids are taught at home.

Let's balance the desires of the right and left. Let's have healthcare for all citizens. But you pay a premium based on your health. Your premium is based on the results of your yearly physical. Don't take your physical? Cannot go to a hospital. Sorry, you are not participating. Wanna smoke? No problem. Be 50 lbs overweight? Not an issue. Eat the garbage called processed foods and the poison called fast food? Knock yourselves out. You are free to do what you like. You can live however you like. But it will send your premium up, it will cost you. Base everyone's premium on how you choose to live. That way, those of you who don't care about your health can pay for the choices you make.

So what do you think? Make sense?

This is the worst case of missing the point I have seen in eons. You are technically correct about our collective bad habits. You completely bypassed the complete absence of any constitutional authority for the feds to be involved in anything of the sort. Then you missed the single biggest issue in the entire discussion:

IT IS NONE OF THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT'S GODDAMNED BUSINESS!!!

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Now that schools will see a decrease in funding from fund-raising, I'm sure our taxes will make up the difference.... Think about the children...

Now that I am finished addressing complete nonsense, I will visit your most reasonable observation. I remember a few years back, Dan Crapenter (for the uninitiated, the transposition of the 'a' and the 'r' is deliberate) wrote a scathing column after the Lilly Foundation financed a project for a local school. His screed hinged on the notion that schools and other publicly operated institutions should not, as he put it, be forced to walk hat in hand with their tin cups, but rather the money should be taken on the .gov's terms without the consent, participation, or conditions typically imposed with grants (you know, draconian demands like the money being used wisely rather than pissed down rat holes). This offers insight into the leftist mind so far as that it not only resents individual freedom and property rights, but also resents charitable and/or philanthropic given since, after all, "you didn't build that" therefore it is the prerogative of and the preferred method for the .gov at one level or other to take away from you that which you consider yours but is *really* a public resource *rightfully* belonging to the .gov and/or the people read 51% voting to fleece 49%.

Also significant, this is a prime example of the fundamental problem issue that the .gov considers your children to be its property/playthings/resources as opposed to your children who, for good or for ill, are yours to raise as you see fit without a few boundaries which are necessarily very broad if properly and constitutionally implemented (like not being allowed to kill them, for example).

It wold appear that we have yet another gross usurpation of authority by the .gov which apparently is reading from the white spaces between the print in the Constitution.

Top Bottom