Feedback on the newPx 4 Storm .40 cal, Please!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Brick House

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Plainfield IN.
    I went Gun Shopping today for a .40 cal, and came across the Beretta px 4 Storm .40 cal Subcompact, and was Very Impressed!! I then came home and checked out reviews online, and they were all Very positive. The PX 4 feels geat in my hand has Nice bright sights, comes with 2, 10 round magazines and replaceable backstraps to fit different size hands. and the price was ony $489 at Plainfield shooting supply. Does anyone have any feedback on the PX 4 , good or bad ?? I am 99.9% sure I am going to buy it tomorrow. It is a MEAN looking gun !!

Last edited:

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    I have a PX4 but it is 9mm full size. Still I really like it. Feels great in the hand, reliable as any Beretta could be, and very accurate.

Last time I had it out, I made the mistake of letting my daughter shoot it first. Wasn't too much later that she was complaining she was out of ammo! 200 rounds in only a few minutes, and no issues at all other than I didn't get a chance to play with it!

PX4, great pistol! Would expect the Sub to be just as good!

Osobuco

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Sep 4, 2010
    I have a PX4 but it is 9mm full size. Still I really like it. Feels great in the hand, reliable as any Beretta could be, and very accurate.

PX4, great pistol! Would expect the Sub to be just as good!

What he said! I bought my full size 40 last fall and I love it! Now looking for one in 9mm.:rockwoot:

Last edited:

Jenel

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 8, 2011
    Johnson County
    They are great guns. The only problem I have with them is the large safety which can cut into your hand pretty easily. You can get a lower profile safety, but i couldn't tell you if it helps, never got around to getting one.

Dave Doehrman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Does anyone have any feedback on the PX 4 , good or bad ?? I am 99.9% sure I am going to buy it tomorrow. It is a MEAN looking gun !!

I got the sub-compact and love it. Built like a Mack truck and fed everything I loaded in the mags. I carry it in a Crossbreed Supertuck IWB holster. I agree on the looks. Reminds me of a mean Pit Bull on steroids. For a .40 S&W sub-compact, the recoil isn't bad at all. Fun to shoot at the range. I'd say "Go For It".

GoDawgs

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    NWI
    I have the full size in 9mm and I would agree with Jenel that the safety does wear on your thumb. I took a training class where we were drawing from the holster a ton and my thumb was raw by the end of the day. Regardless of any minor issues with the safety, the subcompact px4 has gotten a lot of positive feedback from everybody I've talked to and from reviews I've read (this one is was really good).

Make sure you write a review after you get the subcompact! I've been so happy with the full size that I've been eyeing the SC in 9mm for some time.

Brick House

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Plainfield IN.
    Thanks for all of the Feedback, I am going to go buy it in just a bit. I will take it out and shoot a box of ammo through it and let you know what I think of it.

Top Bottom