• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Crappiepro

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 19, 2012
    North East Vigo County
    Nothin is as cool as feeding the squirrels in the back yard! I've been working with 5 young grey's for awhile and today was the time 1 of the five came up and got a cracker from my hand LOL! It was alittle spooky at first as he got closer, you know those little grey's never stop moving. I wasn't sure he may have wanted to try and climb up my leg, you never know LOL. He didn't have any problem coming right up to get the cracker. Must be his favorite. Well I guess I'll be buyin more cracker's now, gotta keep'em happy! I'll have to get a pic and post it up. I thought it was pretty cool anyway! :D

ilikeguns

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 6, 2012
    Prairie Creek
    Thats really cool. My Grandpa had a squirrel that would come onto the porch, up into his lap and take a nut out of his front shirt pocket. He also had a "pet" fox that hung around and would let him,but ONLY him, pet it. I never had that knack with animals like he did.

jy951

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Feb 18, 2009
    I feed them peanuts behind my apartment. I make sure to get the unsalted to keep their blood pressure in check.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    I feed them peanuts behind my apartment. I make sure to get the unsalted to keep their blood pressure in check.

I prefer my squirrels salted.
    DSCN1434.jpg

Or barbequed.:rockwoot:
    DSCN1176.jpg

Gotta love sweet baby Ray's.:yesway:

wild willy

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 30, 2012
    I have one in my back yard that sits with me on my deck, eats out of my.....he actually holds my fingers when I am feeding him peanuts. I can call him and he comes running. I named him Peanut.

Crappiepro

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 19, 2012
    North East Vigo County
    I love to hunt them and love to eat them! It just seems alittle sorta kinda wrong to shoot them outta the tree in the back yard LOL. Now the red squirrels on back in the woods are fare game!!

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    I love to hunt them and love to eat them! It just seems alittle sorta kinda wrong to shoot them outta the tree in the back yard LOL. Now the red squirrels on back in the woods are fare game!!

I don't discriminate against the yard squirrels. They're made out of meat too. Of course my yard is in the middle of a large chunk of private acreage and a lot of woods. Sometimes I have to thin 'em to keep 'em from eating the wiring under my truck.:dunno:

tat2clod

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Nov 18, 2012
    My dogs will be watching me put out corn then there having a fit when they come to get corn then when the dogs are out taking care of there bussines there barking at each other or cussing each other?

walleyepw

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Sep 9, 2012
    They used to be my favorite animals to hunt. Lots of action. I live in town and watch the squirels come to the corn feeder. There are 3 of them that come and every day I can put 1 to 3 ears of corn out and they will clean it up. They will let me come withing about 5 feet of them when they are eating at the feeder. I enjoy watching them.
    When I was a kid, my relatives lived in Battle Creek MI. They had a black squirel that would come when they opened the kitchen window. He would come in on the counter and wait to be feed crackers.

Dave Doehrman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    rocky.jpg

Here's Rocky who comes to my bird feeder to eat sunflower seeds. He comes up on my patio and takes peanuts out of my hand. The grandkids will sit out there quietly feeding him nuts for about 30 minutes at a time. He likes pineapple chunks and Ritz crackers with peanut butter.

Rocky's lucky he's a city squirrel. I like squirrels too. I like my browned in a cast iron skillet with lard and then cooked in the pressure cooker with gravy. Grandpa wouldn't let me shoot the tree rats in the head. He skinned out and cooked up the heads with the rest of the critter. Anyone else tried squirrel heads and gravy?

wild willy

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 30, 2012
    We have a large Hawk in the hood that has been eyeing up "Peanut" My squirrel. I think if I shoot him with my CO2 BB gun it's really gonna **** him off.

Top Bottom