• MilitaryArms

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2008
    Where in the blazes can I get a box of 9mm for $4.00?????:dunno:

Dillon_Precision-logo-3A4A055827-seeklogo.com.gif

spacer.gif

I buy my components in bulk and get my brass for free. I shoot a lot, and there's no way I could do that if I bought commercial ammo at today's prices. The thought of dropping $100+ on ammo to shoot for an hour (or less) at a indoor range is something I can't stomach.

LanceRobbins24

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 22, 2008
    South Bend
    Dec 10th is looking pretty open for me right now, as long as the wife and kids don't schedule something up (or if work decides to pencil me in on the schedule).

TomN

'tis but a flesh wound!
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    Elkhart
    I'd rather do it at Midwest Gun and Range. Can use more caliber's and you don't have to buy specific ammo types.

Well that's an option for sure, I'm just unsure how well they'd be able to handle a large group of people on a Saturday. I believe that they are already pretty busy with regular customers. What does everyone else think?

TomN

'tis but a flesh wound!
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    Elkhart
    Here are some pros and cons of the two sites mentioned for those who may not have been at one or the other.

Kodiak Firing Range
    Pros:
    INGO supporter
    Will be able to accommodate a larger group of people. Everyone would be able to shoot.
    Can use the grill at the range to cook, or there are a lot of places to eat very close by
    Location might be better for people since it's on the South Side of South Bend
    Steel reactive targets are fun. (Ok this is personal opinion)

Cons:
    Expensive to shoot there unless you reload your own frangible ammo
    You can only shoot handgun calibers, or .22 and I think .223
    No paper targets if you're wanting to shoot paper

Midwest Gun and Range
    Pros:
    Ammo is less expensive. Can shoot any caliber that you wish
    Can shoot paper targets. Helps with accuracy
    Elkhart location better for people in Elkhart and surrounding area
    They have a gun store.

Cons:
    They are usually busy on Saturday. Might not get a chance to shoot
    Might not be able to accommodate a larger group
    No place to eat in the surrounding area.

Opinions?

Last edited:

Hoosierdood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2010
    North of you
    Well that's an option for sure, I'm just unsure how well they'd be able to handle a large group of people on a Saturday. I believe that they are already pretty busy with regular customers. What does everyone else think?

If I were given the option to support a new range who also happens to be an INGO site supporter, or support a range that could really care less about our business, I know what my choice would be. Mike has already said that we could use his fryer and have a cook out. Don't think you would get that kind of customer service at Midwest. Yes, it is a little more expensive. But you get a whole different experience shooting at steel, you get to support a fellow INGOer, and you get customer service that is next to none.

For those who are worried about the $15 for a box of ammo... just skip your usual stops to Starbucks for a day or pack a lunch instead of going to Burger King (-1 Burger King). Seriously, its $15. Nobody said you have to shoot 300 rounds. Just buy a box and enjoy the day. Looking forward to a good day of shooting.

:ingo:

LockStocksAndBarrel

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    If I were given the option to support a new range who also happens to be an INGO site supporter, or support a range that could really care less about our business, I know what my choice would be. Mike has already said that we could use his fryer and have a cook out. Don't think you would get that kind of customer service at Midwest. Yes, it is a little more expensive. But you get a whole different experience shooting at steel, you get to support a fellow INGOer, and you get customer service that is next to none.

For those who are worried about the $15 for a box of ammo... just skip your usual stops to Starbucks for a day or pack a lunch instead of going to Burger King (-1 Burger King). Seriously, its $15. Nobody said you have to shoot 300 rounds. Just buy a box and enjoy the day. Looking forward to a good day of shooting.

:ingo:

Ditto.

Mad Man

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 14, 2009
    LaPorte County
    I would love to attend. Having been to Kodiak before, nothing compares to it. Unfortunately I have to work on Saturdays. If future meets are on Sundays then I'm there!!!

Top Bottom