Feeler INMG @ Redbrush (Evansville, IN)?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • parkerj112

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 96.8%
    30   1   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    Southern Indiana
    I understand the frustration. I hate coming out to help and doing ~ 60%+ of the work due everyone else standing around. I can understand $40. I would hate to set up everything (not to mention tear down) by myself.

Parker

shopgun

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 11, 2012
    Jon, I understand your frustrations, but you have to understand some realities. Wildcat is the closest match to me, approx 1.5 hours. Atlanta and Hillside are both 2.5 hours. Gas prices as they are, I am already spending $30 to $50 in gas alone to shoot these matches. There is no way i can justify doubling that in time and gas money to help set up. I am happy to RO if needed on match days and don,t expect a price break on the match fees. Your increasing the fee from $25 to $40 is obviously punitive in nature and i fear could be the death knell for this series since the increase is not justified execpt as a penalty on those that cannot help set up. Perhaps you should concentrate your recruitment efforts to the various club members since the home clubs are the ones that reap the financial rewards of these matches. I would be HAPPY to help if I was within a reasonably near distance. But I am not.

Hogwylde

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 12, 2011
    Moved to Tucson, AZ
    Jon, I understand your frustrations, but you have to understand some realities. Wildcat is the closest match to me, approx 1.5 hours. Atlanta and Hillside are both 2.5 hours. Gas prices as they are, I am already spending $30 to $50 in gas alone to shoot these matches. There is no way i can justify doubling that in time and gas money to help set up. Your increasing the fee from $25 to $40 is obviously punitive in nature and i fear could be the death knell for this series since the increase is not justified execpt as a penalty on those that cannot help set up. Perhaps you should concentrate your recruitment efforts to the various club members since the home clubs are the ones that reap the financial rewards of these matches. I would be HAPPY to help if I was within a reasonably near distance. But I am not.

My situation and feelings EXACTLY!

Grelber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    There might be a nice compromise (although given the ammo, transportation, food, equipment, training costs, and etc already required I'm not convinced that an extra 15 would slow many folks down. There would be griping.).
    A $5.00 or so bump with the proceeds split among the match helpers (including R.O.'s and scorekeepers in my opinion) might work out.

With all of the shooting sports I figure it is our priveledge to kick in a little extra effort as needed so those not physically able to do the heavy lifting or be on their feet the majority of the match can still enjoy shooting with us. Would hate to price or guilt those folks out of showing up.

jwfuhrman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 95.5%
    21   1   0
    Sep 26, 2009
    Decatur
    Guess what folks. We have shooters traveling from Wisconsin, Tennessee, Kentucky, Illinois, Missouri, Michigan and Ohio. FOR EVERY MATCH.

As the saying goes, your excuse is invalid. I drove from Fort Wayne to ACC TO SETUP EVERY EVENT IN 2012. 2 of them completely by myself.

The discussion has already been made of whether to continue on as is or not. Your complaints about higher match fees will get you no where with me. I've put thousands of dollars of my own money into getting this off the ground along with HUNDREDS of hours of my own time.

We provide a service to you. A service and series you are lucky to have. Without myself, Tony, Ryan and Brian, and the few people who do give us a hand every time, you would still be shooting some redneck backwoods bull**** match that wouldn't be worth driving 30 minutes to shoot.

Seems to me you all think you're entitled to cheap events with as little effort on your part as possible. Sounds alot like a certain voter base in this country that has things ****ed up to the point they are.

Pardon the attitude by my willingness to deal with lazy whiney shooters died halfway through the season and until you put even a 1/4 the effort in time and money as we have, I don't want to hear it.

parkerj112

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 96.8%
    30   1   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    Southern Indiana
    Can I have some of that popcorn?

Better hurry because I have a feeling that we are about to be overrun by whinning self absorbed shooters.

Nothing sucks worse then finnally getting a chance to make it out to a match and you are the only one willing to help. Everyone else wants to show up, pay nothing and then talk all day. I hate being one of ~ two people that reset stages. (Sorry slightly off topic)

Last edited:

jwfuhrman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 95.5%
    21   1   0
    Sep 26, 2009
    Decatur
    not off topic at all. its all part of the same underlying problem shooters in this state have. Now I see why we went Blue in the 08 election.....

parkerj112

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 96.8%
    30   1   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    Southern Indiana
    Yep the everyone else owes me mentality. I have to say that I am looking forward to getting to shoot with you guys. To bad I live at the entirely wrong end of the state. As I mentioned before I am trying to convince the wife to make a road trip out of it. We live in Evansville, IN (extreme SW corner of the state).

Parker

jwfuhrman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 95.5%
    21   1   0
    Sep 26, 2009
    Decatur
    I would love for there to be a club for the southern shooters, but every club I've talked to isn't interested or wants someone else to do it for them..... Which sounds alot like the shooters who complain about prices going up.....

Some people just want everything for nothing.....

jwfuhrman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 95.5%
    21   1   0
    Sep 26, 2009
    Decatur
    I've considered talking to Clubs OUTSIDE of Indiana but basically right across the line. Places like Owensboro and such, but then people would complain about that as well.

parkerj112

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 96.8%
    30   1   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    Southern Indiana
    Owensboro might be good as they all ready run a multigun match. You probably know that already. Most everyone down this way (I even know guys that come from Loiusville/Jeffersonville area) goes to owensboro for USPSA and multigun, anyway. I might have to contact Gary at Owensboro.

Grelber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    What does "help" mean? What are your expectations for help?

Set up / tear down / RO / Scorekeep / Boring hours of match score data entry stuff / Stage design / Equipment and supply preparation and maintenance / event planning and advertising and coordination - - - - all that above and beyond stuff comes to mind and sometimes it is all done by a very small group of folks. Your question is one that the local clubs would have to put some details around if there was interest in showing monetary or other appreciation for all the work.

Stage pasting and resetting etc is something you figure everyone in good health will just do without prompting or fuss.

Top Bottom