• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jeff242

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2012
    Someone sent this to me, sorry if it's already been posted, but I searched and didn't see it.

Senator Feinstein looking to introduce new assault weapons ban - National Government | Examiner.com

"Dianne Feinstein’s legal staff held meetings on Friday with FTB/ATF legal staff to discuss a new “Assault Weapons Ban” Madame Feinstein would be looking to push through Congress if President Obama wins reelection.

This same “pretty good intelligence” says the items that would lead to a ban would ban pistol grips and “high-capacity” magazines, eliminate any grandfathering and ban sales of “weapons in possession”.​

netsecurity

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 14, 2011
    Hancock County
    Who is surprised? Biden wrote the final language of the AWB and he is VP. So all of you who thought the NRA was dumb for saying that liberals are after your guns are probably going to have to eat your words.

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    Does she have the votes in the house to push thru such a bill?

Can the President execute an Executive Order that bans certain weapons? Executive Orders cannot just make new laws.

Last edited:

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    Do you have any reason to rely on the writer of this blog?

Has he posted reliable information before?

What is his source?

I'm watching a History Channel special on ancient aliens building structures on Earth. Seems about as likely. :dunno:

jeff242

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2012
    Do you have any reason to rely on the writer of this blog?

Has he posted reliable information before?

What is his source?

I'm watching a History Channel special on ancient aliens building structures on Earth. Seems about as likely. :dunno:

I'm wondering the same thing. I've done some searching and found several articles referencing this same source, but I am no familiar with that original source. Still looking...

Lex Concord

Not so well-known member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Morgan County
    Listed on her site as a priority is "Restoring the Assault Weapons Ban".

It doesn't talk about banning possession, just manufacturing and sale, but I wouldn't put it past her to try to prevent grandfathering.

03A3

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Shaker Prairie
    Any truth to this? I suppose we'll find out.
    Just because she wants it doesn't mean it will happen. If she'd had her way we would've been completely disarmed decades ago but she hasn't got it done.
    She needs to be deported to North Korea. Permanently.

netsecurity

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 14, 2011
    Hancock County
    It doesn't matter if she WANTS to confiscate--if you don't think all liberals want that, then you're naive--she'll have to tone it way down to get it passed, especially with our conservative friends in the House.

It is a bad omen nonetheless.

Raskolnikov

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2012
    Indianapolis
    This is the same yap from the same old hag. She's been at this for years. It comes as no surprise that this remains high on her agenda. She's one of our top enemies--even more so than our president. Gun control demons like Feinstein are going to attempt a strike while the fire is hot. It does not mean that she will succeed. Personally, I do not see this going anywhere. I do, however, see Obama using executive orders to ban guns. These orders can be a certain soft-kill to gun rights, and they will be enacted under the cover of darkness.

NYFelon

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2011
    DPRNY
    No grandfathering. Wow,I really wonder how many people will actually surrender their "assault weapons" to the federal government.

Well, with all the "play stupid games, win stupid prizes", "He knew the law and decided to break it", "don't do the crime if you can't do the time" posts I see here regarding many other laws, I would imagine if this law passed with no grandfathering those folks should line right up to turn 'em in. Anything else would be hypocrisy, no?

ditto

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 3, 2012
    Newburgh
    It's really helpful to see this discussed. The NRA is imploring me to call my Senator like right now. It's good to see some other perspectives. It does me twitchy though to imagine I may never get to own an AR...:n00b:

Better late than never I guess.

jrogers

Why not pass the time with a game of solitaire?
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Central IN
    You should each go find a paper bag to breathe into. Here is how this works: DF introduces an extreme bill, it fails, and she can then go tell her constituents that she tried to take those dangerous assault weapons off the streets, but that darn NRA managed to block the bill. By golly, we'll get it through next time! Vote Feinstein!

So politics as usual. Relax.

Top Bottom